Need an EDC Flashlight...

This is a discussion on Need an EDC Flashlight... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried searching already, but haven't really found any advice on what I'm looking for. I am an EMT, and work on both a paid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an EDC Flashlight...

I tried searching already, but haven't really found any advice on what I'm looking for.

I am an EMT, and work on both a paid and volunteer ambulance, along with dabbling with Rescue within my Fire Co. I currently carry a Surefire E2D LED flashlight. I Love the light, but its a pain to replace the batteries as often as I do.

I would like to pick up a new light with my Tax refund. I have thought it through a little bit, and these are the key features I am looking for.

• LED
    • At least 200+ Lumens
    • Variable output. At least High and Low (possibly with a strobe feature)
    • recharagable, preferably with a base charger, as opposed to removable chargable batteries.
    • metal construction (Not a fan of plastic lights)
    • </= 6" Long, </=1.5 Wide

I also prefer a protected tailcap switch like the Surefire.

Basically I'm looking for suggestions on lights. Need to fit into a pocket and light enough to be comfortably carried.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

If money isn't an object check these guys out Elzetta Tactical LED Flashlights, Weapon Mounts, USA Made I'm not sure if they offer rechargable or not
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Try this site...Public Safety - The ALERT Store. ALERT is the Air Land Emergency Resource Team located in Big Sandy, TX. ALERT is a non-profit organization that offers EMT and Paramedic training as well as training in Firefighting, Law Enforcement, Flight Operations and various other options.

Support ALERT through your Amazon.com purchases!

All proceeds from your purchases at The ALERT Store benefit the ALERT Academy and its outreach and disaster relief programs. However, if you can't find what you're looking for here, Amazon may have it. By clicking the link below to shop, your purchase at Amazon.com will also help support the Air Land Emergency Resource Team!
    Shop Amazon.com and support ALERT by clicking the link at the bottom of this page The ALERT Store - outdoor gear and family-friendly Christian books and more

Happy Shopping!!!
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Have you looked at Streicher'spolicehq.com? They have a wide selection among several different brands. The Stinger DS LED HP is very colse to you specs. The catalog doesn't list size so I hope that it isn't too big.

This is going to sound stupid, but just consider it: Maglite makes little LED flashlights that are super bright. They have one offering that puts out 175 lumens using AAA batteries.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

mrm
    Streamlight is great for the rechargable but if not go Surefire they are great!
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B0010L2K2O. I was looking for exactly what you want when I came across this one at a gun show. Im a FF and got tired of carrying the D cell rechargable maglights we have on our trucks.The vendor had it completely submerged in a glass of water working on the strobe setting. It the perfect size, 260 lumens, many different settings, clip and holster, and about $50. I had been looking at Surefires but couldn't justify the price for a flashlight. I've been pretty pleased with it so far.

I have the SureFire G2X Pro. I love it. http://www.surefire.com/G2X-B-BK
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Check out Battery Junction's website. Just google them. They carry several different brands of flash lights, some pretty good ones.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I'm looking at the Fenix LD20. It runs on two AA batteries and has three modes.

DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    This is going to sound stupid, but just consider it: Maglite makes little LED flashlights that are super bright. They have one offering that puts out 175 lumens using AAA batteries.
    ;

Amazon.com: Maglite XL200 LED Flashlight, Black: Home Improvement

Here's another for around $35 but it uses CR123A batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Flare-77R92...014818&sr=1-11

Check out 4-sevens Their Quark Tactical line

Take a look at either Fenix of 4 Sevens flashlights. They are as durable as a SureFire at a fraction of the price.

This one is 205 lumens and takes 2 AA batteries.

Amazon.com: 4Sevens Quark AAČ Tactical, R5, Flashlight; Black; 205 OTF Lumens; 2xAA: Camera & Photo

Im carrying a Fenix E01. Funny thing is I bought it to keep in my Maxpedition EDC but it's so small that I wear it on my keys or around my neck all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links