Defensive Carry banner

Wind Resistent Pepperspray?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  arcticelf 
#1 ·
In North Dakota there is rarely a day that it's not windy, it just doesn't happen. With back spray being a potential, increasing your volunerability if it get's in your eyes.

Is there ANY spray that would minimize exposure to the user in these conditions?

#8 ·
That wasn't the question though...

I've got Fox 5.3 spray that I carry as well; but there are times that I know I'm going to be a) not able to carry a firearm (outside bar), and b) there'll be a fair bit of wind (the outside bar, on the water...). So I've got foam for that, which seems to be what the original poster was asking.

Hell, I'd be more surprised to hear from someone on this list that DOESN'T think Fox is good spray :image035:

#7 ·
They have gel that sprays out, which I read is the best for not being affected by wind. Only problem I have read about with it though, is that someone smart enough, could wipe it off their face and sling it back at you.

I just bought some Fox Labs stream type, but as posted above, I haven't tried it out yet.

Good Luck.

#12 ·
Fox Labs makes a 'stream' version of thier sprayers. We tested on one a medium windy day (5 to 10 mph) and the back spray was minimal. You knew about it, but it wasnt bad. The Fox 'Medium Fog' on the other hand gave you a good dose of the peper.

Testing in this case was .5 sec burst directly up wind, and then stand there for 5 to 10 sec.
AE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.