Best moonclip tool for the $$$

This is a discussion on Best moonclip tool for the $$$ within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently picked up a new S&W 640 Pro 357 magnum, I'm thinking about making it my new EDC. I'd really like to use the ...

Thread: Best moonclip tool for the $$$

I recently picked up a new S&W 640 Pro 357 magnum, I'm thinking about making it my new EDC. I'd really like to use the moonclip feature as they are less bulky than the HKS's I usually carry. But without a toll they are next to impossible to load. Anyone have any suggestions on tools for it. It seems there are many designs, but I'd like to find the best one for the money.

Check out the BMT Mooner. I found it to be the easiest to load and unload my moonclips.

Get some moon clips just for practice purposes. You can paint them or otherwise mark them so you don't mix them up with carry moon clips. Take a Dremel and grind away the edges that hold the rims so you can get rounds in and out with finger pressure. That makes practice a ton easier.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Sponsored Links