Skinny Tall Woman Looking For Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Skinny Tall Woman Looking For Shoulder Holster within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello :) i just bought myself an xd9. i am 5'9" 125, so basically tall and skinny. i was wondering if there were any gals ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Skinny Tall Woman Looking For Shoulder Holster

Skinny Tall Woman Looking For Shoulder Holster

Hello :)

i just bought myself an xd9. i am 5'9" 125, so basically tall and skinny. i was wondering if there were any gals or even guys out there that might know if a good shoulder holster? i bought a blackhawk shoulder holster but it only comes in medium so i will have to do some mods so i can carry until i find a better one. carrying on the side it a bit bulky considering my size. so far i prefer the shoulder better it fits my size however the blackhawk it uncomfortable. i know the xd9 isnt exactly the best cc gun but i reallly wanted it :) any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

here is a cheep one to see if you even like one 15.00 free shipping. try it out and see if it is what you want

NcStar Ambidextrous Horizontal Shoulder Holster w/ Double Magazine Holder, Black | eBay

by the way welcome to the site

Andrewsleather.com He is in Fla. Check his web site. I ordered a Monarch shoulder rig from him. If you like what you see, give him a call. Stand up guy! I'm sure he could help you! I also researched shoulder rigs for several months and after talking to him the final choice was easy! Please keep us updated.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Welcome aboard darlingnikki. Hope you find what you need here at DC.com and become an active member here. This is an awesome community for those of us who carry guns for defense.

Check out this video on YouTube. For lots of information on women who carry guns and how to carry them, check out her entire channel faliaphotography.

Another excellent YouTube channel belongs to one of our female moderators, Limatunes. She also has lots of great information. Click for limalife YouTube channel.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Look at Andrews Leather Catalog Custom made. Great guy, I purchased the monarch rig from him! worth the look and call if you like it to.

wow thank you so much for the info and fast response :) i will definitely add all this to my search :)) im going to look further into the crossbred minituck. looks like i have an excuse to buy another smaller gun

A good shoulder holster is very comfortable when properly adjusted. I have been using a Galco Jackass rig for about 10 years and am very happy with it. A cheap holster will generally be uncomfortable and may offer less than ideal retention.

Crossbreed Minituck and SuperTuck

Another great holster similar to the Crossbreed mini-tuck is the Minotaur MTAC holster by CompTac Holsters.

What I like about the MTAC holster is that it is a modular holster and you can buy specific Kydex bodies which will attach to the MTAC platform if you have more than one gun you like to carry. Just get a kydex body for each specific gun you have and then mount it to the common MTAC platform.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Take a look at the shoulder holsters offered by ALESSI.

Not cheap...but, worth every penny. ALESSI
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My wife, while not tall and skinny, has two Sam Andrews Monarchs, one standard and one vertical. Top notch leather from a great guy! Take the time to fit it correctly.

Welcome to DC too.
    QKShooter likes this.

Administrator
    The Andrews is another Top Notch shoulder rig. And again it's (for sure) not inexpensive gun leather.
    There is a lot of work (AKA Labor Hours) involved in making a really great comfortable, workable, practical leather shoulder holster.

They are pretty much a lifetime investment though and so you need to think of it in those terms.

Matt Del Fatti also makes one of the most incredible shoulder holsters. BUT, what holster does MD make that isn't phenomenal?
    His work is so incredible that I think that a race of superior alien beings visited Earth and taught him leathercraft.
    Jump on the waiting list if you want a Del Fatti though.

http://delfatti.com/

Check out Del Fatti Leather - Take a peek into his gallery. Have KleenX ready - Prepare to cry.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I like the High Noon Undertaker line of shoulder rigs.

ETA: Old School in post 16 has also posted the High Noon Underarmor holster. That one is a stocking item, so it can be had pretty quickly and for about half the cost of the Undertaker.
    Last edited by ksholder; February 16th, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have a shoulder holster for my G19 from Ritchie leather that works pretty well for me, I like that it has a pull-through one-way snap instead of a regular thumb-break. I have also heard great things about the Monarch from Andrews leather, as several others have mentioned.

Definate maybes all

First, congratulations and welcome to the DC community. We are a supporting and tight knit group.

There are already several excellent shoulder holster makers recommended. Shoulder holsters conceal well, but, the weight on a slim person's shoulder can quickly become tiring for some. I would suggest wearing you current shoulder holster for several hours several times to see if weight is a problem for you or not before investing a lot of money in a premium quality holster.

An alternate suggestion some others in your shoes settled on, is a vertical cross draw worn at 9:00. My petite wife's is a custom vertical draw Ken Null Gibralter http://www.klholsters.com. Cross draw forward tilt holsters let the gun butt protrude on a slim person.

Another excellent holster maker is FIST FIST, Inc.. They have a wide selection of styles and options.

There is a mindboggling plethora of equipment choices facing a new CC'er. Avoid the exotic. Individual differences do matter; to the extent possible, try before you buy.

Best wishes in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
    Hello :)i know the xd9 isnt exactly the best cc gun but i reallly wanted it :) any suggestions?
    BS! I carry one every day with no ill effects. The Alessi is one that I have read quite a few reviews on, ironically researching for a friend that is almost your exact size description. An inverted shoulder holster might be ideal for you since it is easier to conceal a longer weapon along your side instead of the width of your body, plus it sticks out less. Here are a few examples:

Upside Down Shoulder Holster

Laroche Leathers - Holsters Page Four

Welcome! Feel free to msg me if you have any questions.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links