Shot Timer Apps (WARNING: nerd content in this post may be alarmingly high)

Shot Timer Apps (WARNING: nerd content in this post may be alarmingly high)

This is a discussion on Shot Timer Apps (WARNING: nerd content in this post may be alarmingly high) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, I'm hoping this is the right forum for this...mods, feel free to beat me into submission if it's not. I'm a WP7 user, and ...

Thread: Shot Timer Apps (WARNING: nerd content in this post may be alarmingly high)

Cool Shot Timer Apps (WARNING: nerd content in this post may be alarmingly high)

Hey, I'm hoping this is the right forum for this...mods, feel free to beat me into submission if it's not.

I'm a WP7 user, and haven't found a good (or bad) shot timer app. Any other WP7 smartphone users out there? I'd love to find a developer who's put one together.

I know there are several Iphone apps out there, and as a backup I'll likely download one and steal my wife's Iphone (she drank the Kool-Aid) when I head to the range.

Any Iphone shot timer app users? Recommendations?

I'm sorry, I use an iPhone so I can't comment to the WP7. I have downloaded a Taurus shot timer (free) and played around with it, but not actually 'used' it yet. Might see if they have a compatible version for your phone. Good luck!

Let me know what you think of the Taurus timer, wouldya? If I've gotta hijack the wife's phone to use the app, it better be a good one!

Surfire makes a good one as well
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

The surefire and Taurus both work ok, but the par time feature is different. On the Surefire, when you hit the par time, the timer beeps and stops, on the Taurus it changes color, but it doesn't beep and it keeps running. I guess it depends on what you want.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Links