BELTS - Page 3

BELTS

This is a discussion on BELTS within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the 5.11 operators belt but sometimes I may want to dress up a little more. I just ordered one of Jerry Bissell's belts. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: BELTS

I like the 5.11 operators belt but sometimes I may want to dress up a little more. I just ordered one of Jerry Bissell's belts. The photos look good.

I see a lot of belts made from 2 pieces inadequate leather sewn together & sold as a good gun belt. Oh I forgot you need to add a stiffener to support a holster. What you have are 2 pieces of leather & a piece of plastic called a good gun belt. Also sewn together by a machine, a weak way to adhere 2 pieces of leather. The ones I've seen don't even have the edges burnished. The 2 piece belt makers are charging a premium price for bargain basement leather that has been split to get more yield. Really not a premium product at all.

What should be used is 1 piece of 14-15 oz. harness leather. No need for 2 pieces sewn together or a stiffener. Using harness leather is beginning with an adequate piece of leather that needs no plastic added (that will break eventually) or weak stitching that will come unraveled. 14-15 oz. harness leather will make a belt that can be guaranteed a lifetime. The only reason you will ever need another is because you want another color. And any sewing done to leather should be hand-sewn if you want real quality.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter76blue View Post
    Beltman!!!
    I ordered one a month ago... I am still waiting :(

Edit:

Here is what I ordered, I am still waiting for both..
    http://looperlawenforcement.com/looper-reinforced-holster-belt.html

http://thebeltman.net/bh112.htm
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Ordered my Beltman on 2/9. I hopeth it get hereth soon. Cannot wait!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I have a CrossBreed gun belt going on 3 years now and it is AWESOME. A little expensive...but you get what you pay for. Mine is also Velcro lined on the back so I can use Velcro holster clips. Only downside beside the price is that it is very thick for a belt.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    + 1 for crossbreed i ordered mine with holster in black and now have another from gun show in tan 3/16 of an inch thick 1 1/2 inches wide both are great gun show was 45.00 and crossbreed was around 80 with velcrow sewn in... buy somethng that is around 1 1/2 inces wide and stiff
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I found a belt at my local police supply store. Its EASY FIT is all i can find on it for a name, very stiff and comfortable....20 bucks! So far no problems.

511 1.5" casual belt - 40 beans. Goes fine with dress slacks. leather is a bit worn under buckle and where my OWB rides. nickel buckle has chipped a bit to show some cheapy composite steel. Brass plates better and would have held up better. But I'm very happy with it. It's very stiff and holds my government 1911 loaded with 3 ten round mags no problem.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

I agree the 5.11 will get the gob done especially with a heaver rig. On mine the cheap edges peeled away from the stiffening insert but was easily touched up with a sharpie. Love the CrossBreed that I got from Marks "blem" sale for $40 shipped. You can see in the pics that the 5.11 is the stiffest and the leather e-Bay belt was just a wimpy excuse of a gunbelt and waste of money.

MisterAvis likes this.

Python gun belt from concealment solutions is the beefiest belt I have owned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images

Got my Beltman shipping notice yesterday. Giggity.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Exodus Gunleather - Home

got this one from Carl Collins several weeks ago. Top quality leather.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Just received my Beltman belt today. Black 41" with black, square buckle, seven holes, and internal stiffener...

Wow. What a difference wearing that than the crap Wally World belt I've been using.

People, if you've been doubting the benefits of a real belt like I was....GET ONE. IT DEFINITELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!
    I doubt I'll be purchasing another belt for the rest of my life...unless I desire a different color.

ETA: Make sure you locktite the screws though.

Quote Originally Posted by trunkmaker View Post
    I see a lot of belts made from 2 pieces inadequate leather sewn together & sold as a good gun belt. Oh I forgot you need to add a stiffener to support a holster. What you have are 2 pieces of leather & a piece of plastic called a good gun belt. Also sewn together by a machine, a weak way to adhere 2 pieces of leather. The ones I've seen don't even have the edges burnished. The 2 piece belt makers are charging a premium price for bargain basement leather that has been split to get more yield. Really not a premium product at all.

What should be used is 1 piece of 14-15 oz. harness leather. No need for 2 pieces sewn together or a stiffener. Using harness leather is beginning with an adequate piece of leather that needs no plastic added (that will break eventually) or weak stitching that will come unraveled. 14-15 oz. harness leather will make a belt that can be guaranteed a lifetime. The only reason you will ever need another is because you want another color. And any sewing done to leather should be hand-sewn if you want real quality.
    Think plywood!!! one piece of leather will never be as secure as two pieces bonded and sewn together! A Better Belt USAhas great belts and better prices. I have bought too many belts from other places to mention. I'm glad I finally found a place that sells great belts at great prices.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

You might consider Blackhawk belts. They use a moldable plastic stiffener between the leather layers resulting in a very supportive belt. And right now they are on sale!

BLACKHAWK! CQC Pistol Belts - BLACKHAWK!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links