Watch Advice Needed! Seiko Titanium dying.......

This is a discussion on Watch Advice Needed! Seiko Titanium dying....... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone bought a watch from Stauer? I am looking at one of their watches but have no idea if they are great or junk ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Watch Advice Needed! Seiko Titanium dying.......

Question Watch Advice Needed! Seiko Titanium dying.......

Has anyone bought a watch from Stauer? I am looking at one of their watches but have no idea if they are great or junk or just in between............

I usually end up with a plain Seiko with a black face and large white hands merely for visual clarity, and want to spend $200 or less. I like titanium for its' light weight, and bracelet type bands, but leather could work. This will be an everyday could get beaten up type piece.

Anyone want to comment on Stauers or make an alternative suggestions?

Here's what I have that is failing:

Seiko SGG711 Mens Watch Titanium Luminous Black Dial

Here's what I am considering dependent on feedback here:

http://www.stauer.com/item/Stauer-TA...-Watch/21275/3

Feel free to make your own suggestions. The Seiko served me well for at least six years or more..............

The pics may give you an idea about my watch "taste" and budget.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

2. Remove Ads

the second link led to a blank page. I don't have any experience with stauer, but I have a couple different watches that I wear. both are very nice, and one is very similar to the first one you posted but it was my 18th birthday gift and outside the price range you gave and I rarely wear it because of that. I just picked up a nice Daniel steiger equinox at a charity auction. they make 2 different versions one that is very nice and expensive the other looks very similar but is about $175 and doesn't use as much gold but is very durable. You said you like lightweight so this might not be perfect for you because the band is black anodized stainless and there are many stainless parts. both are durable and can go to almost 400 ft underwater (a necessity in any daily use watch I buy because I do free diving and spearfishing). Its not the same style as the first one you posted (black and gold) but its a quality watch with a black face.
    just what I can share from my experience.

I have always liked Fossil watches I have about 6 of them.some of them about ten yearsold or more all work great still. They have many different designs and range from $50-$150 or so for all the ones I have. No complaints and bound to find a design you like including titanium which is one design I have.

I have a Tag that I really like. It's incredibly accurate at keeping time. However, I wear a Casio G shock quite a bit. I'm old school on watches, so I got the one with regular hands and not digital. It's an atomic sync, so it's accurate too, but uses different technology to do it.

Seiko's are decent in my opinion. The Stauer's look kind of nice, but then they are priced very modestly, which is kind of a warning sign.

Not real sure on the Stauer's. I am a little reserved on the thought of them as they are so heavily advertised in magazines. May be good but may not hold up. My favorite watch for everyday wear is a Casio G-shock in titanium but it was about $450. I am also a big fan of the Pathfinders. Casio Pathfinder Atomic, Solar, Triple Sensor Watch Collection. Free 2nd day shipping on all Pathfinder Watches.
    There are so many choices anymore at every price range. Good luck.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Titanium Rules

Which object is not like the other?

HPIM2913.jpgHPIM2912.jpg

Too bad I'm not a better photographer because then you would realize that the Seiko in the photos is stainless steel and not titanium. The horror! I've been wearing this watch for like every day for five years. This one shows no signs of disease but for a few scratches that I keep at bay with Meguiar's plastic polish. I'm searching for a replacement in case this one dies. Here are some links I keep handy:

Seiko Watches - Mens

Seiko Titanium Watches - Mens Seiko Titanium Watch Free 2nd day shipping.

Seiko Titanium Watches

I like Rock and Glock's original price point of $200. I'll bump it up to $300 - bump it up, get it? -

... anyway I think I'd like to bump up the price range just for shopping purposes and, of course, to see what you guys like.

Thanks for mentioning Titanium, Mr. Glock and Rock!

I like Eco Citizen watches. Never have to worry about the battery...

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Has anyone bought a watch from Stauer? I am looking at one of their watches but have no idea if they are great or junk or just in between............

I usually end up with a plain Seiko with a black face and large white hands merely for visual clarity, and want to spend $200 or less. I like titanium for its' light weight, and bracelet type bands, but leather could work. This will be an everyday could get beaten up type piece.

Anyone want to comment on Stauers or make an alternative suggestions?

Here's what I have that is failing:

Seiko SGG711 Mens Watch Titanium Luminous Black Dial

Here's what I am considering dependent on feedback here:

Stauer - Stauer TAC-7 Titanium Watch

Feel free to make your own suggestions. The Seiko served me well for at least six years or more..............

The pics may give you an idea about my watch "taste" and budget.
    Try this site tomorrow (Sunday) for Invicta special pricing: Invicta Sunday Run -

If this is a work watch/daily wear I look at Invicta for a reasonable priced replacement. I have two Invicta's over 10 year and their still running with the abuse of my projects.

I have a Seiko dress watch and it still running after 15 year, just batteries.

Can't go wrong with either. As for Tag Heuer, good watch but personally I'll take the saving on an Invicta and buy ammo.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I am rough on watches and they stay on my wrist 24/7 unless I have to stick my left hand inside something. Scuba diving, auto repair, etc I usually go through a set of batteries and a spare band before I purchase a new watch. They last total of around 5 years My watch of choice is Casio G shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images
    Yoda, I am, yes.

My cute wife just got me a Seiko Black Monster with the SS Bracelet. I love the black face and large lumes and hands. They help my old eyes.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I appreciate all of the feedback and support!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Walmart $10.00,takes a licken and keeps doing whatever digital watches do
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Stauer is a joke in the watch collecting world. The Black Monster is a great watch at far less money. The Orange Monster is also great. And the hands and markings glow like Chernobyl.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

[QUOTE=shooter76blue;2179085]I like Eco Citizen watches. Never have to worry about the battery...[/QUOTE

Love my Citizen ECO-Drive in Titanium.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links