Tax Return Christmas Shopping!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Tax Return Christmas Shopping!!!!!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I got a little under a thousand dollars for my tax return this year so I was pretty excited and started thinking of what ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mattmann
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Tax Return Christmas Shopping!!!!!!

Tax Return Christmas Shopping!!!!!!

Well, I got a little under a thousand dollars for my tax return this year so I was pretty excited and started thinking of what gun related stuff I should spend it on. I decided to spend most of it on my AK (centurion 39 sporter). This is the stuff I just ordered yesterday:
    -EOTech 516.A65 Holographic
    -UTG 3x Flip to the Side Flip to Side Magnifier
    -Midwest Industried Milled AK Side Rail
    -Vintage Chinese Type 56 AK 7.62 Canvas Sling Khaki (unissued 1970's military sling)

and I also decided to go to my local gun store and pick up a Korean 75rd drum. Just thought I would share this with you guys since I am friggen excited and anxious for this stuff to arrive. Only other thing I might do is pick up a nice stock and a hogue grip. I can't wait! :D

Anybody here ever used anything I have listed?
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    sounds like you are going to have some fun playing dress-up

Bought a Sig P229R two tone with my tax money. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a new bedroom suit.....sniff sniff.....
    The wife did anyways.........
    Erick46590 likes this.

I bought an SP101 .357 with my tax return. First time in years I've actually received money back!

Just think what you couldve bought if you had kept the money and let it sit in an account and gain interest instead of giving the govt an interest free loan. Getting money back at the end of the year IS NOT a good thing, it's your money in the first place don't let the govt borrow it for free.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

The OP's thread SHOULD read..."I bought some nice stuff with my own money that the government took from me and then gave back to me to spend (and then taxed it again)."
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 25th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
    jwhite75 and RockStrongo like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pig meet lipstick....your gonna have the most pimpilicious AK at the gun range
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Although I agree with Retsupt99...I have a little extra takn out of my pay to use as a de facto savings account. I know people will tell me I could save it on my own but I wouldnt.

AND I ordered a new Springfield TRP. WOOHOO
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well the income tax refund went towards bills and furnace repairs, (2 in three weeks, yikes).
    However in January while doing a review of my AFLAC insurance the agent found that they had been double dipping me for my premiums since I got married in 2009. According to the agent they would issue me a refund for the two years and 3 months of double premiums they had charged me. After having to make several phone calls because the original request was denied, we finally figured out that they had mispelled my name on the duplicate account hence the reason for the double charges, and for the original rejection.
    So after two attempts at requesting a refund I finally recieved checks, one for each of the years in question.
    This weekend I am heading to a gun show, if I find what I want I will buy an AK-47. If they don't have any good deals then I am ordering one from an online site that was recommended to me by a member here.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    This weekend I am heading to a gun show, if I find what I want I will buy an AK-47. If they don't have any good deals then I am ordering one from an online site that was recommended to me by a member here.
    could you PM me this website? and let me know how that goes and what you end up with. Getting new guns is always a good time :D
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

VIP Member
    I usually owe on 4/15, but I'm not selling any of mine to pay for it. Oh what the heck, I could always use a few cases of primers.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links