Camping Stove will Charge iPhone

This is a discussion on Camping Stove will Charge iPhone within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perfect for camping or even SHTF scenarios; a camping stove that will charge your mobile devices or other items that utilize a USB port....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Camping Stove will Charge iPhone

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Perfect for camping or even SHTF scenarios; a camping stove that will charge your mobile devices or other items that utilize a USB port.

QKShooter likes this.

Pretty cool...:hand90:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Pretty cool...:hand90:
    I thought so too. They had a Doomsday Prepper episode on the other week that showed a guy powering his truck with some kind of wood burner. He said the technology has been around since WWII.

I think this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I've always wanted a camp stove but having to tote around extra fuel for the thing has always held me back. The USB charger just pushes it over the edge. I personally would leave the cell at the house but its good to have options. Any idea on a price?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woody5484 View Post
    I think this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I've always wanted a camp stove but having to tote around extra fuel for the thing has always held me back. The USB charger just pushes it over the edge. I personally would leave the cell at the house but its good to have options. Any idea on a price?
    $129.00 is what's listed on the company's website. They are taking orders for people that want one for this Summer. They are in production now but not available yet. I suspect price will become more reasonable after they are geared up and you can get them at larger retailers, like Bass Pro, for example.

VIP Member
    Good ole' American ingenuity!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I like it. If you're going to pack a camp stove, you may as well bring a multi-tasker. I think it would go great with a USB battery charger for gadgets that run on AA or AAA batteries.
    DefConGun and Rock and Glock like this.

Great find man! That looks awesome! I might have to purchase one too!
    Rock and Glock and DefConGun like this.

Administrator
    That looks pretty cool.

Funny how I was searching ebay a while back for some sort of charger. Because there was one GPS unit that I really liked but it only comes with an internal rechargable battery & what good would that do me out in the middle of nowhere for a week when that GPS needs to be re-charged after X # of hours of "on" time.

So I found this Click Here but, I like the fact that the camp stove will serve two purposes.

I also don't really like the rather loud whining noise that this makes ...for obvious SHTF reasons that I need not elaborate on.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    That looks pretty cool.

Funny how I was searching ebay a while back for some sort of charger. Because there was one GPS unit that I really liked but it only comes with an internal rechargable battery & what good would that do me out in the middle of nowhere for a week when that GPS needs to be re-charged after X # of hours of "on" time.

So I found this Click Here but, I like the fact that the camp stove will serve two purposes.

Pretty cool. Now if I can rig that thing and hook it up to a bicycle peddle. ;-)
    QKShooter likes this.

the way I see it the more electronics in something that doesn't need electronics to work the bigger chance for malfunctions. To the best of my memory I have never been camping, backpacking, climbing, mountain biking, working or any other things I've done in the wilderness and had cell phone reception. my gps runs off of AA batteries and lasts what seems like forever and I carry extras. Seems like an interesting idea to me but not really all that practical. I usually just leave the phone at home or in the car then head out with the gps with emergency beacon.

VIP Member
    I need one

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    as for the noise--thats why you need the $300 Koss Noise Cancelation headset

right, so you can re-charge its batteries...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The Campstove is neat, but the Home Stove is a paradigm shift unto itself. The 3rd world suffers from lack of light, lack of power, and lack of capital in many places. How awesome to power a villages cell-phones or other devices, so they can use mobile-banking apps on a micro-level, and have telephony capabilities for business and health care needs? That is huge!!!!!!!!!!

This link explains some of my thinking better than I: http://jonathandonner.com/donner_aut...gworld_TIS.pdf

Kiva also has a robust telephony focus in its Micro-Loan programs: http://www.kiva.org/

The HomeStove is very neat on several levels!
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The Campstove is neat, but the Home Stove is a paradigm shift unto itself. The 3rd world suffers from lack of light, lack of power, and lack of capital in many places. How awesome to power a villages cell-phones or other devices, so they can use mobile-banking apps on a micro-level, and have telephony capabilities for business and health care needs? That is huge!!!!!!!!!!
    Great point...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links