Range Bag Supplies?

This is a discussion on Range Bag Supplies? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tqu9047 Now carry first aid kit.......Don't ask Tim lol I have to, what happened? Anyway in my vehicle I always keep a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Range Bag Supplies?

  1. #31
    Member Array Foo909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by tqu9047 View Post
    Now carry first aid kit.......Don't ask

    Tim


    lol I have to, what happened?


    Anyway in my vehicle I always keep a tool box with a first aid kit, small assortment of screw drivers and ratchet's etc.

    Bag:

    Hoppes
    CLP
    Two Rags
    Boresnakes
    2x Cleaning brushes
    Silicone Cloths
    2x Earmuffs and lots of ear plugs
    Clear safety glasses
    Hammer for knocking targets into the ground deeper
    Electrical tape
    Kleenex (nose always runs)
    Hand sanitizer (good to get all that lead off at the end of the session)

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    901
    Bag:
    safety Glasses
    earmuffs 2x plus extra disposable
    stapler, extra stalpes. tape
    can of breakfree
    extra ammo
    extra mags
    targets
    cleaning rod
    multi tool
    water, and usually take an extra cooler for soda
    first aid kit (same one that is carried on my M/C)
    range Id
    range key
    tp (almost always in truck anyway) u never know and most of the time Porta potty is empty
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

  4. #33
    Member Array J0eyg86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South West, Fl
    Posts
    209
    also a hand full of used grocery bags, may range has a u bring it you take it policy to its nice to have them for trash. also really nice when i find used brass easier and cleaner then putting it in my range bag and then haveing to clean out my range bag from dirt.

  5. #34
    Sponsor
    Array Chris Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Hand sanitizer (good to get all that lead off at the end of the session)
    Good idea

  6. #35
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    944
    Hand sanitizer doesn't get the lead off, it just sanitizes it. Lead and powder have to be slathered in soap and rinsed off. Rinsing with water only is better than hand sanitizer because sanitizer stays on your hands.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

  7. #36
    Sponsor
    Array Chris Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Hand sanitizer doesn't get the lead off, it just sanitizes it. Lead and powder have to be slathered in soap and rinsed off. Rinsing with water only is better than hand sanitizer because sanitizer stays on your hands.
    That only makes sense, thank you!

  8. #37
    cj
    cj is offline
    Senior Member Array cj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,005
    Not in my bag directly, but after my day on the range today, one of those foldable seats is going in the car with me!

  9. #38
    Member Array ROFL SQUAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    473
    I have most of the abovementioned gear. My mentionables include a can of spray glue, and for us reloaders out there rods to pop out a squib, plus a flat blade screw driver for when you chamber a round thats too short and the extractor cant grab the shell. I really need a GSW Kit for my Midway bag.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

    "Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

  10. #39
    Member Array MisterAvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    224
    Never brought 1st aid to the range. With all the carry-minded people here... I think I'm doing it wrong. But for funsies I did go to the range today and here's my range box. (full tools, brushes, cleaners, rags, gun-specific tools, scope rings, all sorts of crap) Ppl may get a kick out of the box. image(1).jpg
    Attached Images
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

  11. #40
    Member Array nwbackpacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    I have a range log I keep in my bag for each firearm I own. I like to keep track of number of rounds fired, type of ammo and any FTF/FTE that occur. Good to have a record of what ammo works well and any that can be a problem.
    I do exactly the same, although I have it in a spreadsheet at home that I fill out when I get back. Allows me to keep a total for maintenance (replacing springs, for example) and keep a log of what ammo my gun may like or not like. The only interesting tab on the spreadsheet is the one for the 22. That cheap ammo I buy sure is cheap. :)

  12. #41
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    944
    I have a pen that was made from a .223 cartridge and wood that I use to track my shooting. The clip on the pen is a brass rifle.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

  13. #42
    Senior Member Array Bubbiesdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,013
    One of these Family First Aid Kit - Hard Pack - Red Cross Store

    Extra hearing protection, don't want to use my electronic muffs if it's raining.
    Most of the stuff others have mentioned.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

  14. #43
    Member Array romansten9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    165
    I'm a Paramedic and RN with approx 25 years experience, and wanted to add a quick note about the first aid kit idea. Bandaids are always nice for the minor cuts, but make sure you have something for the possibility of life threatening wounds. Quick clot (a unique substance which basically absorbs plasma and "thickens" your blood) is nice to have to help with major bleeding, as well as something that would serve as a tourniquet. (newer research shows that they are much safer than previously thought, and your limbs can survive for well over an hour with your circulation cut off, so when bleeding just won't stop, don't be afraid to use this tool) Something to use as splint reduces motion of extremities, which reduces bleeding. An occlusive dressing is an AIR TIGHT dressing. This is used for a "sucking chest wound" which is cause when a hole is in the chest from a wound that enters the chest cavity and puts pressure against the lung. Commercially available dressings include "petroleum jelly gauze" or other types. Other things that will work include "saran wrap" and vinyl/latex gloves will form a seal while you are waiting for a dressing that can be taped to the chest. Eye dressings for eye injuries and something to flush foreign bodies from the eyes. Different equipment to manage airways is good to have. A worst case scenario with airways is if something "blows your face off" and you are unable to breathe through your mouth/nose because they are basically "gone" and filling with blood. A surgical airway (training required!) can be created in the neck and many have survived this injury by doing so. If you get the training for airway control you will find out which equipment to buy. Losing your face sometimes looks a lot worse than it is, and if the airway can be maintained, that is the main concern, as well as controlling blood loss as a secondary concern. This is just off the top of my head and there is other gear that I could have mentioned, but not everyone wants to carry "an entire ambulance" worth of gear, except maybe a Paramedic!

  15. #44
    New Member Array 2nd AMEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by romansten9 View Post
    I'm a Paramedic and RN with approx 25 years experience, and wanted to add a quick note about the first aid kit idea. Bandaids are always nice for the minor cuts, but make sure you have something for the possibility of life threatening wounds. Quick clot (a unique substance which basically absorbs plasma and "thickens" your blood) is nice to have to help with major bleeding, as well as something that would serve as a tourniquet. (newer research shows that they are much safer than previously thought, and your limbs can survive for well over an hour with your circulation cut off, so when bleeding just won't stop, don't be afraid to use this tool) Something to use as splint reduces motion of extremities, which reduces bleeding. An occlusive dressing is an AIR TIGHT dressing. This is used for a "sucking chest wound" which is cause when a hole is in the chest from a wound that enters the chest cavity and puts pressure against the lung. Commercially available dressings include "petroleum jelly gauze" or other types. Other things that will work include "saran wrap" and vinyl/latex gloves will form a seal while you are waiting for a dressing that can be taped to the chest. Eye dressings for eye injuries and something to flush foreign bodies from the eyes. Different equipment to manage airways is good to have. A worst case scenario with airways is if something "blows your face off" and you are unable to breathe through your mouth/nose because they are basically "gone" and filling with blood. A surgical airway (training required!) can be created in the neck and many have survived this injury by doing so. If you get the training for airway control you will find out which equipment to buy. Losing your face sometimes looks a lot worse than it is, and if the airway can be maintained, that is the main concern, as well as controlling blood loss as a secondary concern. This is just off the top of my head and there is other gear that I could have mentioned, but not everyone wants to carry "an entire ambulance" worth of gear, except maybe a Paramedic!
    Wow, how 'bout I marry you and then just drag YOU along?
    mano3 likes this.
    Inactive US Marine 74-82 . NRA Life Member . GOA Member . Florida CWP holder


  16. #45
    Member Array Nimitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Indialantic, FL
    Posts
    25
    stapler & extra staples, pasters, sunscreen, first aid kit, mini binoculars, towels, extra eyes & ears, brass bag, punch set, gun oil, alan wrench set

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best gun range bag

,

best range bag

,
elite first aid tactical trauma kit #1
,
elite first aid,
,

range bag supplies

,
range bag with wheels
,
range bags for pistols and supplies
,
shooting bag supplies
,
small trauma bag
,

smith & wesson range bag

,
what needs to go in range bag
,
what should go in a range bag
Click on a term to search for related topics.