Traction Grips

Traction Grips

This is a discussion on Traction Grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a set of Traction Grips a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I would do a mini-review. Traction grips are peel and ...

Thread: Traction Grips

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar

Traction Grips

I ordered a set of Traction Grips a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I would do a mini-review. Traction grips are peel and stick grip panels for polymer framed pistols. I ordered a set for my Glock 30, and they arrived in 3 days. They are very thin with a grippy rubber texture.

Installation was simple. Just clean the frame, heat the frame and grip decal with a hair dryer, peel and stick. The heat fixes the adhesive. After carrying for a couple of weeks, I see no sign they will peel off. The manufacturer claims the panels will peel off cleanly without leaving any residue. I tried a scrap piece on a polymer magazine, and it did peel right off cleanly.

I had tried a competitor's product before, which had a sand texture. The sand wore off after awhile, so I took them off. I have also been interested in having the grip professionally textured, but for the cost, I am happy with the Traction Grips.

Bottom line, in my opinion, this product is great. For $8.00 shipped, they are hard to beat. I must also note that I have no affiliation with the company, nor do I even know anyone there. Their web site has more info: Tractiongrips

new cat 018.jpg
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I just use skateboard tape. You can get a five foot roll for about $5 bucks. I use it only on one side and it provides all the grip I need.

I have tried some of the tapes and don't like the feel so I went to a Hogue rubber grip and I like it a lot.
    it seems when you grip a gun your hand has space in between the palm and the frame, the Hogue grip fills this space in and the rubber gives more traction

How is that for concealed carry? I only use the tape on the away side due to the rubbing on my shirt or skin.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have tried the skateboard tape and it tore my skin up during IWB carry. The rubber used for the Traction Grips feels a lot better. I also like the Traction Grips being pre-cut to fit, as I had trouble with the skate tape looking clean. Nothing wrong with the tape, but the grips have a more tailored look IMO. Worth the $8 bucks to me.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Links