Fashionable Bullet Resistant Clothing....

Fashionable Bullet Resistant Clothing....

This is a discussion on Fashionable Bullet Resistant Clothing.... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Miguel Caballero started off making bullet-proof clothing in Colombia 19 years ago. But Latin America's surging crime wave is creating new markets for his fashionable ...

Thread: Fashionable Bullet Resistant Clothing....

Wink Fashionable Bullet Resistant Clothing....

Miguel Caballero started off making bullet-proof clothing in Colombia 19 years ago. But Latin America's surging crime wave is creating new markets for his fashionable flak jackets. Watch Miami Herald reporter Jim Wyss tests a bullet-proof jacket at one of Caballero's manufacturing plants.

BY JIM WYSS
    BOGOTA -- Miguel Caballero has shot more than 200 people including his wife, a British police officer, his lawyer (four times) and most of his employees.

As Colombia’s largest maker of fashionable flak jackets and bullet-resistant clothing, Caballero habitually puts his products to the test — and so has the spiraling crime rate in the hemisphere.

“Latin America is one-of-a-kind when it comes to threats,” Caballero said, as he paced his factory carrying a .38-caliber pistol, which he uses to blast his models and volunteers.

While many of his U.S. and Israeli competitors make one-size-fits-all bullet-resistant vests, Caballero specializes in tailoring his clothes to match the threats.

Two years ago, armor-piercing, .9 mm bullets — made of copper, lead and steel — first made an appearance in Honduras. Since then they have spread to El Salvador and Costa Rica. Armored-truck thieves in Brazil and Uruguay began setting security guards on fire when they discovered that some vests were flammable. “It wasn’t the Molotov cocktails that killed the [the guards]; it was their own jackets,” Caballero said. In hot climates, perspiration also can make protective clothing heavier and compromise its effectiveness.

Read more here: Fashionable bullet-proof wear finds growth abroad - Business - MiamiHerald.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Shank proof undies...should be shag proof prison pajamas.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Wonder if they're cost prohibitive?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Just found a polo shirt of his design online......nice idea, but who has $4475.00 to spend on one? I get one mustard stain on it and it's ruined.

Miguel Caballero has shot more than 200 people including his wife, a British police officer, his lawyer (four times) and most of his employees.
    I want his job.

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo429 View Post
    Just found a polo shirt of his design online......nice idea, but who has $4475.00 to spend on one? I get one mustard stain on it and it's ruined.
    Presidents, kings, VIPs. Guys and gals that don't want to have the bulges of a bullet-resistant vest in their thousand-dollar suits, but still have that protection.

Caballero walks around with a .38 and shoots his employees? Wow! This guy ain't kidding when it comes to enforcing the company dress code.

Does anyone else like this definition of "BUSINESS CASUAL?". :O)
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

Thumbs up Bullet Resistant Suits and Dress Shirts

I googled "bullet resistant suits" and American Armor Attire came up in the google ads section. Two college students who designed a product and has a patent on the product. From what it seems like it is removable panels so you can wear your suit like a regular suit or wear it as a bullet-resistant suit. Its amazing what our young minds can do. Best of luck guys!

ps. here is the website if you're interested American Armor Attire Inc.

i saw discovery show about secret service how they protect the president and he was featured in it. they were trying to imply to president is wearing his clothing line.

Quote Originally Posted by robd90 View Post
    I googled "bullet resistant suits" and American Armor Attire came up in the google ads section. Two college students who designed a product and has a patent on the product. From what it seems like it is removable panels so you can wear your suit like a regular suit or wear it as a bullet-resistant suit. Its amazing what our young minds can do. Best of luck guys!

ps. here is the website if you're interested American Armor Attire Inc.
    There is a lot of unprotected area in those suit jackets,it might be better than absolutely no protection,but regular body armor offers a lot more frontal protection
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dosnt matter, I duct tape armor directly to my body that can stop a 308. One does not know when they will need to lay down surpressing fire against snipers in the mall.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Although I already wear my vest to work everyday this article was still very interesting to say the least. Good post.

Links