Crimson Trace Excellent Customer Support

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace Excellent Customer Support within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have Crimson Trace laser grips on my S & W model 642 J-frame .38 special. They were added post factory. I don't use the ...

Thread: Crimson Trace Excellent Customer Support

I have Crimson Trace laser grips on my S & W model 642 J-frame .38 special. They were added post factory. I don't use the laser except for practicing point and shoot aiming (aim where I would like to hypothetically fire, then activate laser to see how close I came), or when shooting in dim light. Anyway, I lost one of the TINY Allen wrenches necessary to adjust laser sighting. I called customer service and they were very friendly, sending replacement Allen wrench(s) and wouldn't let me pay them for either the wrench(s) or the postage. (My grips were registered in their data base after purchase.) All I can say is they are wonderful!

VIP Member
    Funny you should mention CS Customer Support. I was on the phone with them about an hour ago to order a couple NRA instructor discounted lgs for two of my Glocks. Lasers are great for teaching shooting fundamentals in the classroom.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Lost my allen wrench and they sent me 7 more FREE of charge. ANNND they will also supply you FREE, yes I said FREE, batteries for life. I have replaced my (FREE) CR 2032's for the past three, going on, four years. They ususally don't completely discharge within a year, but since they're FREE, I change mine every year. Did I mention they were/are FREE? Just call their toll FREE # and they will send you, FREE of charge, your batteries and then put you in their system.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I cannot say enough about their customer service. I purchased a set of CT grips for my 642 from an online source. Upon arrival there was an issue with the functionality of the laser. It happens. I happen to live within a few miles of their home office and took my purchase in to see about fixing the issue.

They were so accommodating and helpful that I felt guilty for all that they did for me! They immediately replaced the grips no questions asked and gave me several sets of batteries, allen wrenches and cleaning swabs. They also educated me on maintenance etc. in a word, their customer service was AWESOME! They have a customer for life!
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Thanks for the good feedback on Crimson Trace guys. I have one of their early lasergrips on my P3AT. I believe I bought it in 2008. Currently all of the screws holding the grip onto the frame are rusted and one has rusted and fallen out. I've been meaning to call them, but I think I shall do so now after reading this positive feedback. I at least want to find out what size those TINY screws are so that maybe I can source stainless ones from a jeweler or something.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    I've been meaning to call them, but I think I shall do so now after reading this positive feedback. I at least want to find out what size those TINY screws are so that maybe I can source stainless ones from a jeweler or something.
    - They'll send you replacement screws right away. I've had great luck with a drop of GunZilla on the screw threads. They haven't rusted in the 3 years I've had the CT for my PM9. You can probably use another quality CLP on the threads before reinstalling them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Allen screw stripped

I have an issue with my allen screws being striped on one of my wrap around Crimson Trace models. I can easily see how to replace the screws and resolve this issue, but don't know where to find the supplier or replacements.
    Crimson Trace won't return emails. (multiple emails - although they sent allen wrenches via email when needed).

Anyone know the tread count/size of these allen screws? or even better a part number and place to purchase?

otherwise I am likely to no longer be a loyal CT customer and try out the other brand(s) available, even if it does cost a few dollars more and I am likely to have a carbon coverd lens after a day at the range (just a few more minutes cleaning).

I would rather replace the screws though, as they are factory installed by Kimber and may help retain the value (if fixed).

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have had the same experience with them. Great!

Links