Vintage Body Armor testing

This is a discussion on Vintage Body Armor testing within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found this online and it brought back a flood of memories. In my younger days we did some of our own testing like this ...

Thread: Vintage Body Armor testing

VIP Member

Vintage Body Armor testing

I found this online and it brought back a flood of memories.

In my younger days we did some of our own testing like this with old armor but this is the man who started it all.

Deadly Weapons: [6/8] - 7.62x51mm and .44 Magnum vs. Bullet Proof Vest - YouTube
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Oh, Dude....thanks for this video. I used to own the VHS version of this movie and LOVED this sequence the most. The guy (Richard) who shoots himself to test his vest reminds me so much of Tim Conway..... He's ballsy for sure and has shot himself a zillion times I guess over the years. Hopefully he made a fortune.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

But BOY....rewatching this all these years later......accidents waiting to happen there.....
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

VIP Member
    Brings back memories...reminds me of something Famous Dave would try.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    LOL it is. I had the movie to and used it for training. I remember waiting whenever there was a new second chance vest that came out he was gonna shoot it.

We have come a long way in body armor thankfully.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Pretty cool but, they seem kind of lackadaisical with regard to firearms safety. But I guess when you're shooting each other that's to be expected.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Links