Hey Kentucky People, is this legal?

Hey Kentucky People, is this legal?

This is a discussion on Hey Kentucky People, is this legal? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you Kentucky folk know if this is legal here in the great commonwealth? 132.jpg...

Thread: Hey Kentucky People, is this legal?

Wink Hey Kentucky People, is this legal?

Do any of you Kentucky folk know if this is legal here in the great commonwealth?

132.jpg
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    It's legal if you have a ccw it's out of sight and gives you easy acess for travel being trying to buy one for my trip and they are always sold out....
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Anything is legal as long as you have your CCW.

Now this is way it USED? to be I heard rumors of a different bill being proposed where you could keep a gun in your vehicle in the center console as well. If you don't have your CCW you can have your pistol in your OEM installed glove box and that is it unless it's a long gun unless it has changed.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Legal. It would be open carry which is legal without a permit. A weapon in a vehicle is also not considered concealed if stored in any OEM compartment.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I think its legal but may make law enforcement nervous. open carry is legal in KY. Check the Kentucky statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pear88 View Post
    Anything is legal as long as you have your CCW.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Always thought KY Jelly.......was stuff you spread on toast made in Kentucky.

What's the deal with this type of carry..........?

I would rather live my life as if there is a God,

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Legal. It would be open carry which is legal without a permit. A weapon in a vehicle is also not considered concealed if stored in any OEM compartment.
    Not true. It is only legal with a valid CCDW, the new statue states that a weapon is not deemed concealed in any compartment that is factory installed in the vehicle, if you do not have a CCDW that weapon is deemed concealed and is illegal. Open carry goes bye bye when in a vehicle

(8) A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism. No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Does anyone know the name of that holder?

I just found a link if anyone is interested in picking one of these up.

Universal Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount - Steering Wheel Column Application

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    Not true. It is only legal with a valid CCDW, the new statue states that a weapon is not deemed concealed in any compartment that is factory installed in the vehicle, if you do not have a CCDW that weapon is deemed concealed and is illegal. Open carry goes bye bye when in a vehicle[/I]
    Incorrect. The KY Constitution gives the legislature the right to control conealed carry only, not open carry. The law you quote was written to make an exception to the law against CC without a permit to allow vehicle carry. Essentailly the statute made weapon transport inside of a vehicle open carry (except when on a person) which by the constitution is permitted.

Bill of Rights, Section I

All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned: First: The right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties. Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

Sponsored Links