Body Armor -- Any civilians wear it? - Page 3

Body Armor -- Any civilians wear it?

This is a discussion on Body Armor -- Any civilians wear it? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear fruit of the loom t shirts and underwear.. sometimes. We had a courthouse shooter that wore some bullet proof stuff about 5 years ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Body Armor -- Any civilians wear it?

I wear fruit of the loom t shirts and underwear.. sometimes.

We had a courthouse shooter that wore some bullet proof stuff about 5 years ago or do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when I'm out with the police(I volunteer with them several times a month)

I have a level 3A vest, but don't wear it every day. I have worn it going into areas that I knew were really bad. I too ride motorcycles and have another type of armor I wear, but it is more protection for my body getting road rash, not taking on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    He did. He also had plates sewn into some garment along with a plate in his briefcase to protect his back and his partner while she sets up the single shot 50 or 33 Lapua, don't remember which. Awesome.
    He used to have his wife tape plates to his back......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

When the day comes I feel the need to wear body armor for daily activities is the day I will just forego going outside. Life is to enjoy..not be afraid of being shot every two seconds.
    JDE101 and WrongRecroom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    When the day comes I feel the need to wear body armor for daily activities is the day I will just forego going outside. Life is to enjoy..not be afraid of being shot every two seconds.

very true indeed. i have mine for work purposes but off duty i wouldnt wear it unless the constipation hit the rotation
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

it is legall to own protection for sole protection AKA bodyarmor( not a gun)
    you cant be a convicted felon or use it in a felony crime
    other than that you can posses (whch means carry conceal or hold in a bag)bodyarmor if your of age and dont have mental problems

i wear day in day out
    16-18 ilbs of ceramic plate armor LVL 4 (stand alone) 1-30 06 AP round single curve (NO PAIN NO GAIN)-get to know how your equipment feels dont be a baby wear it feel the pain(gets you stronger)
    got it from bulletproofme.com very nice people

Administrator
    I own body armor and wore it every day when I worked in the pawn shop and then also when going to estate sales in "not so great" areas.
    Mrs QK has a large IIIA ballistic panel that she can insert into her purse to hold up over her pumper...but, she has seldom needed to put it in there.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ksnax View Post
    it is legall to own protection for sole protection AKA bodyarmor( not a gun)
    you cant be a convicted felon or use it in a felony crime
    other than that you can posses (whch means carry conceal or hold in a bag)bodyarmor if your of age and dont have mental problems

i wear day in day out
    16-18 ilbs of ceramic plate armor LVL 4 (stand alone) 1-30 06 AP round single curve (NO PAIN NO GAIN)-get to know how your equipment feels dont be a baby wear it feel the pain(gets you stronger)
    got it from bulletproofme.com very nice people
    What laws are you referencing? State? Federal? Earth? Ksnax?

Laws vary by state.

Austin

I do carry and people have to do what they think is best,but,i don't live in a place where i need to wear body armour.Thats a bit extreme or here it is,anyway.

I have taken 5 Gun Fighting Courses where the first thing taught is get off the X. That helps you get out of the line of fire, resets the other guys OODA loop and gives you a chance to get to cover and fire if necessary or shoot on the run without body armour. I have not been in any gunfights and don't intend to unless absolutely necessary, but I do train to not be the loser in the fight. Repetitive training can keep your instincts at a high level when out and around. I scan and profile everyone I meet, those that go by and I do not meet just get scanned. As a former Army General said to his soldiers over in the Iraq area "Be Polite and be Courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet".
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Moderators. Not Spam - OK - QKShooter

Thank you for mentioning our company in this discussion. It is true that body armor was very heavy but new technology has allowed for us to manufacture clothing, backpacks, and vests to be 50% lighter then what bulletproof products used to be. Please go to our website and see for yourself how innovative our products are at http://bulletblocker.com/index.html

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    I wore armor for 20+ years. I would have to knowingly be going into a threatening situation to wear it again. Everyday? Absolutely not!
    LOL!! I know what you mean. My armor sits in the back closet, sad and forlorn most of the time. I only dig it out now when I'm going to ride along in a patrol car, and even then I do it more out of "this is something I have to do" instead of wanting to do it.

We at Bullet Blocker would like to thank scott625 for mentioning our product in such a great discussion. Our products range from our signature bulletproof backpack to our clothing apparel and tactical gear.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    No but I have been thinking of getting a "bulletproof" clipboard. They range from the Think Geek level 2 which look like the edges will fray in a few months for $35, to up and over $160 for nicely finished level 3s ones.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links