Crimson trace vs Lasermax for LCP

This is a discussion on Crimson trace vs Lasermax for LCP within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So here is what I have so far..... CTC switch is on the grip. Some say that is a con because your finger will slip ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Crimson trace vs Lasermax for LCP

So here is what I have so far.....

CTC switch is on the grip. Some say that is a con because your finger will slip off of the switch and it hurts after a few rounds. Some say it is a pro because you don't take your eyes off the target to turn it on.

Some say you will never use the laser during a real shootout, only as a training tool. In this case the Lasermax is about 100 bucks cheaper.

Lasermax for LCP seems very new so there is not much feedback yet.

So, is the CTC worth the extra 100 bucks?

If you ever had to use your pistol in a rapid response to a threat you are not going to be thinking about turning a switch on to activate your laser.....If it is incorporated in your grip you do not have to think about turning it on, it is there it is on when you need it
    Arborigine and NONAME762 like this.

Good point. And judging by all I've read, if I ever had to use it, I would only be firing a couple shots if any. That takes away the switch hurting your fingers.

Any other thoughts?

Use the money to learn point shooting. It will do you more good in a defensive encounter.
    DanielC likes this.

Also true. But not saying that money does not matter,but wouldn't it be better if I spent money on both?

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
    Also true. But not saying that money does not matter,but wouldn't it be better if I spent money on both?
    Lasers work well in a pro-active fight.

See if you can try a laser in a force-on-force close-range defensive drill. In a fight where everything is fluid and moving, see how well (or not) the laser actually works.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

You forgot to look at Laserlyte also very nice setup for LCP or LC9's and only around 90 buck if you shop around
    LaserLyte — SML Ruger/Kel-Tec .380
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm very pleased with the Crimson Trace products I have.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

A laser is just another tool in your toolbox, it should replace training with iron sights. That being said, the only laser I would buy is the Crimson Trace. If you are going to use the laser, you want instinctual activation. You don't want to be fumbling with a button. I have 4 Crimson Trace lasers and they all come on when I grip the gun. I've also never had a problem with the laser hurting my hand during range sessions.
    10thmtn likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    A laser is just another tool in your toolbox, it should replace training with iron sights. That being said, the only laser I would buy is the Crimson Trace. If you are going to use the laser, you want instinctual activation. You don't want to be fumbling with a button. I have 4 Crimson Trace lasers and they all come on when I grip the gun. I've also never had a problem with the laser hurting my hand during range sessions.
    I'm pretty sure tokerblue meant to say that "...it should NOT replace training with iron sights."

Best reading on the subject I have found:

Cornered Cat - The Case for Lasers

Cornered Cat - Practicing with a Laser
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

the C/T works well with the lcp and it add to your aim as the gun is point and shoot; LCP's are a close up gun

I put a Lasermax on mine and so far I've been very happy with it. I like how you engage the laser with your trigger finger as you are pulling your gun from the holster. It also turns off from both sides and while holstering.

LaserLyte for my LCP is nice......easy fit. cheap. GREAT quality.....But i still agree with the above posters- learn to shoot, don't rely
    on the laser (nite time, 2am in the morning, yea)

I train on the range without the laser, but I'm looking at a LaserLyte for my LC9 just in case I'm in one of those situations like Aurora where there might be a crowd. I'll want to make extra sure that I know exactly where that bullet is going in the heat of the moment.
    NONAME762 likes this.

I have a lasermax centerfire on my LCR, and I love it. Yes it is a pushbutton, but it is ambidextrous. I draw with my pointer finger extended and the push swith is right at my finger tip when i draw makingnit easy to turn on as i clear the holster and present. It took a few days of practice but now it is second nature, so yes in a fight I would instictively activate the laser and use it. I have found the laser to be a great tool for trigger control, as it shows every move of the muzzle of the gun when squeezing the trigger...... I would start out twith the less expensive laser first and if you like it get the CT laser. I would actually like a set of CT grips for my LCR but i think they are way overpriced.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links