Real Problem with a well Known Gunsmith; need advice

This is a discussion on Real Problem with a well Known Gunsmith; need advice within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am coming to this late, but completely agree that they handled the situation very, very poorly! And it's aweful that after the long wait ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real Problem with a well Known Gunsmith; need advice

I am coming to this late, but completely agree that they handled the situation very, very poorly! And it's aweful that after the long wait and extra money spent on parts that they misplaced you still end up with a job half done that has been done badly in the first place to start with!

Aside from the possibility of somebody throwing them away, what probably happened was that the box was sitting there opened for three months, somebody grabs the sights to look at them and puts them down somehere else. - Sights gone.

VERY poorly handled by the owner!
    Sig P250 .45 Subcompact
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose,
    is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. ~ L. Neil Smith

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I would agree VCA2004, I suspect they're a small team and probably great at building guns but maybe not as organized as a business like theirs needs to be. I can appreciate how any company messes up from time to time. The manufacturer I work for does, however, in a business where word of mouth is pretty important, I'm disappointed they didn't try a little harder to at least say "I'm sorry". Bob never apologized or acted like I'd been done wrong. In his last email he said rather cheerfully "we'll try to do better". I guess that's what bugged me. I'm polite and easy going; any sincere effort to make up for the wrong would have been accepted. But in the big scheme of things i'm one small customer. Maybe he can afford to let it go.

That would certainly bug me as well if I didn't even get a "I'm so sorry for the miscommunication/trouble". I mean it doesn't cost him anything to just apologize for whatever went wrong! I just wonder how much longer he will be able to afford to lead his business this way. According to others they are pretty disorganized doing many things...
    Sig P250 .45 Subcompact
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose,
    is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. ~ L. Neil Smith

Small customer with a big voice thanks to the net and DC - too bad he doesn't realize that; that was an expensive $300 he took in (or whatever it was he charged you). Won't be going there in the future either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links