Has anyone tried the new Howard Leight Impact Pro?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried the new Howard Leight Impact Pro? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please note, I'm asking about the new PRO line (NRR 30), not the Impact Sport. I've had the Sport for years and love it, but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlSharp

Thread: Has anyone tried the new Howard Leight Impact Pro?

cj [OP]

Please note, I'm asking about the new PRO line (NRR 30), not the Impact Sport. I've had the Sport for years and love it, but am interested in hearing more about the new Pro.

My Sports are great for a day or two in a class, but once I start getting beyond that, I really start feeling the pressure on the bows of my eye protection. I'm hoping the Pros may offer a little more padding, along with the better NRR rating, to make them more comfortable. Unfortunately, all of their information and videos (what you can find of them) just talks about the basic functions and could probably be interchanged with the Sport model in terms of their information.

So has anyone had a chance to try one out and compare to the Sports?

Don't have the Pros but do have the Sports, I'd try switching to a different type of eye protection with a different style temple, I found glasses that have a thinner temple "dig" in less and solved the problem as you had it...

Sent from this... Using that...

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Please note, I'm asking about the new PRO line (NRR 30), not the Impact Sport. I've had the Sport for years and love it, but am interested in hearing more about the new Pro.

My Sports are great for a day or two in a class, but once I start getting beyond that, I really start feeling the pressure on the bows of my eye protection. I'm hoping the Pros may offer a little more padding, along with the better NRR rating, to make them more comfortable. Unfortunately, all of their information and videos (what you can find of them) just talks about the basic functions and could probably be interchanged with the Sport model in terms of their information.

So has anyone had a chance to try one out and compare to the Sports?
    I have the same problem with mine,my ears start hurting,but I learned the ear pads wear out and they sell replacements for around $10 a set,I just don't remember to order them til after about an hour of shooting
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hmm, I love my Impact Sport, but I'll have to keep an eye on these and maybe snag a pair if I find a good deal.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

cj [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have the same problem with mine,my ears start hurting,but I learned the ear pads wear out and they sell replacements for around $10 a set,I just don't remember to order them til after about an hour of shooting
    Hmm, if they had different styles of replacements, that would probably be enough. Just wore mine again yesterday for my first IPSC match and even my ears themselves were feeling a little squished after only 4 or 5 hours. I'll need to get something before my next class in a few weeks...either some replacement pads or the pro to try out.

I just bought a pair of the Impact Pros for $60.64, with free shipping using coupon code 599FreeBC.

Grabagun.com Howard Leight IMPACT PRO ELECT MUFF NRR30 BLK Online Gun Store

I'll let ya know what I think when I get 'em.

Al

P.S.
    I have no affiliation to Grab a Gun or to Howard Leight. Just scouring the web for the best deal.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "...., he laughs in the face of dark, ...."

cj [OP]
    Ok, ended up getting some and taking them to a 2 day class.

The big pros...I felt they were a little more comfortable...slightly better padding and space for my ears in there. Also, the microphones are more internal so a little better protected from the wind, I felt. Sound quality was great (as I find it on the Sport line). Noise reduction seemed very good, but I was on an outdoor range and even the lower NRR of the sport was sufficient.

Drawbacks...they're much larger, so shooting a rifle would be more problematic than the lower profile Sports. I also wish for a little more space to fit over my head...as it is, I'm maxed out on the extension and it's a little snug.

However, #1 problem...the darn things don't fold down! I could fit 3 or 4 sports in the same space the Pros take up! Fortunately, I was testing out my new competition-size bag and had room to spare, but it's definitely a consideration.

Sponsored Links