Need recomendation for electronic muffs

This is a discussion on Need recomendation for electronic muffs within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone recommend a set of electronic ear muffs (that wont break the bank) that don't interfere with getting a good cheek weld with a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MotorCityGun
  • 1 Post By John123

Thread: Need recomendation for electronic muffs

Can anyone recommend a set of electronic ear muffs (that wont break the bank) that don't interfere with getting a good cheek weld with a rifle stock?

Thanks!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Note the post related to Howard Leight Impact - Pro. Some of the posters, including the OP, use the Sport model which is decent set of e-muffs for a very reasonable price of around $45.
    phreddy and John123 like this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Note the post related to Howard Leight Impact - Pro. Some of the posters, including the OP, use the Sport model which is decent set of e-muffs for a very reasonable price of around $45.
    And those do not interfere with a rifle stock cheek weld?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Not sure how big your bank is, but the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X are worth the $250-300 you'll drop on them. Hearing loss is irreversible.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    And those do not interfere with a rifle stock cheek weld?
    OP I regularly use the Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs Motorcitygun was commenting on, they are the best 45$ I've spent in a long time. I do not notice any issues as far as cheek wielding on my m4, and to top it off they are low-pro enough to fit cfortably under a standard issue Kevlar helmet (as long as your running pads, not the old school netting). They are about as good as it gets for streamlined electronic hearing pro for under 50$. Look at your local sporting goods store, they are the OD green and black ones.

I've beat mine up too, sliding my Kevlar on and off frequently in between drills, and while they have scratches they have taken a beating pretty well. Battery has lasted decently long too.
    Rollo likes this.

Thanks for the great info! I'll pick a set up.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    OP I regularly use the Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs Motorcitygun was commenting on, they are the best 45$ I've spent in a long time. I do not notice any issues as far as cheek wielding on my m4, and to top it off they are low-pro enough to fit cfortably under a standard issue Kevlar helmet (as long as your running pads, not the old school netting). They are about as good as it gets for streamlined electronic hearing pro for under 50$. Look at your local sporting goods store, they are the OD green and black ones.

I've beat mine up too, sliding my Kevlar on and off frequently in between drills, and while they have scratches they have taken a beating pretty well. Battery has lasted decently long too.

I don't think I can get a good cheek weld with any earmuffs, I guess my face is too fat or something. I use plugs with rifle and shotgun. They have earplugs that close up for loud reports but normal decibel levels are allowed to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I have had decent luck with the Howard Leighton model as well. Very nice! It will depend on your face and the exact way you place your cheek, but it's hard to avoid bumping ear muffs, at least for me. I have zero complaints though, because the ability to hear regular conversation with low profile muffs is perfect. Battery life is pretty good as well...

I have heard nothing but good things about the Impact Sport muffs. I had heard that Howard Leight has just come out with a new line of electronic muffs called the Impact Pro which are rated NRR 30, as opposed to the NRR 22 of the Sport model.

Thet were originally $98. I just found a pair at Grabagun.com Howard Leight IMPACT PRO ELECT MUFF NRR30 BLK Online Gun Store for $60.64 with free shipping using coupon code 599FreeBC. I have never seen them lower.

If you do a search on YouTube you can see some reviews on the Impact Pros and Leight tells what is new on them compared to the Sport model.

Al
    "...., he laughs in the face of dark, ...."

Sponsored Links