Magazine help...

This is a discussion on Magazine help... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moved from NY to Vegas and am replacing my LOW capacity 10 round mags with REGULAR capacity 16 round mags on my 9mm SA-XD. currently ...

Thread: Magazine help...

Question Magazine help...

Moved from NY to Vegas and am replacing my LOW capacity 10 round mags with REGULAR capacity 16 round mags on my 9mm SA-XD. currently I have the Springfield brand magazines but was wondering if anyone could recommend or would they even bother trying a non-OEM brand like Pro Mag or Mec Gar for carry, not just practice. Are they reliable enough in case the SHTF?

Also any suggestions on where i can purchase mags at the best price? It is just finances are really tough right now and I am trying to maximize my savings. Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Ads

I would never recommend a non-OEM magazine for any pistol especially if employed for defensive purposes.

sgb
    Mec-Gar is actually an OEM of magazines for several Companies to include Sig and I believe Beretta. Mec-Gar makes an excellent product. Promag is 2nd rate with a propensity to soft feed lip metallurgy.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    If you go with aftermarket go with the Meg Gar.

My suggestion is buy one Hi Cap original XD mag, just looked on gunbroker and they are about $30 each. Make your 10 rounders spares until you can get more.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Links