Talon Grips...Granular? Rubber?

This is a discussion on Talon Grips...Granular? Rubber? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone use granular Talon Grips on their CCW? I'm questioning how comfortable it would be to carry with sandpaper-like material against the skin....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talon Grips...Granular? Rubber?

Talon Grips...Granular? Rubber?

Anyone use granular Talon Grips on their CCW? I'm questioning how comfortable it would be to carry with sandpaper-like material against the skin.

2. Remove Ads

I have the Granular Talon Grip on my CCW, but I have a remora holster with sweat shield so it doesn't contact my skin.

For those interested in checking them out..........
    Talon Grips for Glock, XD, XDM, Kahr, Ruger and Kel-Tec Pistols. Free Shipping!
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Thanks Crowman. Does anyone else use the Granular Talon Grip?

I am using the rubber texture on my G19 with a Supertuck. Have not tried the granular type. Pushing 90 degrees at the range yesterday with loads of humidity. No problem with grip on the Glock and no problem with irritation where the grip was touching bare skin.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    I am using the rubber texture on my G19 with a Supertuck. Have not tried the granular type. Pushing 90 degrees at the range yesterday with loads of humidity. No problem with grip on the Glock and no problem with irritation where the grip was touching bare skin.
    Good news!

I only have the rubber ones, a friend told me you could sand the gradular ones but why would i want the hassle.

I use the rubber Talon grips on my G19 and G23, both of which are EDC guns.
    I just installed granular Talon's on my G34, which will probably only ever see a firing range or IDPA course.
    My initial impression of the granulars is that they wouldn't do for me for CC. I normally wear my shirt untucked, and I'd worry that my shirt would hang up on the gritty texture. This doesn't occur with the rubber grips.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i've used skate board tape for decades. i cut to fit for the areas that i want to have greater
    grip....tactical feel. the $3.00 for the 2 sheets i still have some of left of from more than a 20 guns i have put pieces of it on.
    i think it has more than paid for itself.
    though the ease of having it precut may make it worth the higher cost for some. totally your call.

careful with cleaning, the chemicals may weaken the bond
    and that product cost wise is much more than in its skate board form.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have a Granulate and rubber set. Both are nice but I prefer the rubber.

Used rubber type on several guns and liked them a lot. Never tried the other type.
    P.S. Hickok45 uses them on all his Glocks(Videos for almost every gun known to exist!).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have both the granular and rubber type. My preference is the granular as the grip is more secure. However, you will destroy any fabric, leather, skin, etc. which comes in contact with the grip. For this practical reason alone, only rubber grips are applied to my carry guns!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I always have a plain white shirt under my clothing makes it a lot more comfortable to carry. Like clay said, if you are considering grips, skateboard grip tape is great. It can last a lifetime on a gun easy, you can cut it to any form you want, it only costs about $7 for a pretty large sheet, and is extremely adhesive. I think the "comfort" mainly depends on the type of gun you carry, your weight, your holster, and your belt, but if you're not a cheapo like me you may as well just go for the rubber.

I had the granular on my XD and when I IWB carried without an undershirt, it tore the heck out of my skin. I switched to the rubber grips. I liked the granular one better, but the rubber one works well too and does not rub your skin raw. I live in Houston, so wearing multiple shirts in the summer is almost unbearble.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I had the granular on my XD and when I IWB carried without an undershirt, it tore the heck out of my skin. I switched to the rubber grips. I liked the granular one better, but the rubber one works well too and does not rub your skin raw. I live in Houston, so wearing multiple shirts in the summer is almost unbearble.
    That settles it for me. Rubber Talon grip is going in my shopping bag. Thanks everyone for your input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links