New Carbon Creations, Carbon Fiber Grips

This is a discussion on New Carbon Creations, Carbon Fiber Grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered these a few weeks ago and got them in Friday. Ive never had carbon fiber grips and thought the color combination on these would ...

Thread: New Carbon Creations, Carbon Fiber Grips

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Ordered these a few weeks ago and got them in Friday. Ive never had carbon fiber grips and thought the color combination on these would be good for this pistol. I was surprised to find that these are solid black, but the "grain" in the carbon fiber makes them look silver depending on the light reflected off of them. Very pleased with these. Great texture and grip as well.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Carbon fiber are also used to create light cars that can produce higher mpg ratings. That's why Ford Motors has agreed to a relationship with Dow Chemical Co. The duo will produce lighter, stronger carbon fiber components that will significantly assist the automaker in reaching national gas mileage goals. Source Article: Ford, Dow partner to produce carbon fiber vehicle components.

Good info Mayanne. I believe Carbon Creations does auto body work as well. Have to check on that.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have made many race car parts of carbon fiber and Kevlar. They are an un-stretchable fabric that when encapsulated as a structural shape, in the same plastics and resins as fiberglass is, become very strong, light structural pieces. The use of carbon fiber in firearm grips, knife handles, household goods, etc. is pretty silly, from an engineering viewpoint. With the exception of texture and grip, pistol grips function the same whether they are made of plastic, wood, or rubber, of any color. My friends call fancy and pointless Harley accessories "Butt jewelry". That said, as "Belt jewlery" I like your new grips, they are cool and add a lot to the presence of the pistol.

Thank you sir. Belt jewelry is a good thing when customizing.

Looks great
    I too have the Carbon Fiber Grips on my Kimber Eclipse Target pistol w/the Kimber logo etched in & love em
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Got some brushed silver slex-head grip screws from Wicked Grips and they blend in well with the two tone theme of the pistol. Much better than the blued IMO.

Grip is perfect while shooting. The violent recoil and sweaty hands are not an issue with these. I was skeptical of the tactical/ranger checkering but had to try them. Glad I did.

Pic with the new screws

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337936817.517529.jpg

Sponsored Links