Winchester Gun Safe $599 at Tractor Supply - Is this a good buy??

This is a discussion on Winchester Gun Safe $599 at Tractor Supply - Is this a good buy?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guest1 I beleive Liberty makes this safe,if so its a great buy,Looks like it is fire protected,just does'nt give a time or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Winchester Gun Safe $599 at Tractor Supply - Is this a good buy??

wkn
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest1 View Post
    I beleive Liberty makes this safe,if so its a great buy,Looks like it is fire protected,just does'nt give a time or temp.
    If Liberty makes this safe is it Made in the USA?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Here is a fantastic resource from retsup99: Gun Safe Buyers' Guide

He gave it to several here, and it is a great link.
    This is indeed a great link, it should almost be required reading. I found it very informative and has actually changed my opinion on a few things.

One thing I did with a small safe for my wife's jewelry was mount a piece of wood to the wall between the back of the safe and the wall. This gave me a lot more opportunity to sink lag's from the wood to the wall, and from the safe to the wood. Not sure if it really helps, but it looks and feels like an extra measure of security.

Thanks for reposting retsup99's link, I appreciate it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Some advice that I tool from reading this forum posts! Buy a safe that is twice what you think you need.
    Guns seem to be like rabbits! They multiply at a moments notice.
    Since am out of city limits, I bought a safe from Fort Knox that has a 90 minute rating of about 1500 degrees.
    The local fire department personnel will gladly offer any info about response times, and what temps you
    might expect if your storage for valuables came into contact with open flames
    The safes are very heavy, but peace of mind is more valauable.
    As others have offered before, something is better than nothing. If you feel the need to protect your belogings
    be realistic and make the best choice for your situation. JMTCW

VIP Member
    My wife and I moved that giant Cannon safe with PVC pipes (sch 40, 1 1/4). I cut about 6 or 8 to put under the safe, and roll it along taking out the free pipes in back and putting them in the front. They put it high enough so the safe essentially rolled right over two threshholds on top of the pipes.

Sometimes the pipes get at odd angles and act out of line a bit, but we kept going by feeding pipes back under it. We'd take a pause sometimes to wiggle the safe back in the exact direction we wanted to go. We moved it about 60' and over two threshholds in about 15 minutes. Hardly broke a sweat.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    My wife and I moved that giant Cannon safe with PVC pipes (sch 40, 1 1/4). I cut about 6 or 8 to put under the safe, and roll it along taking out the free pipes in back and putting them in the front. They put it high enough so the safe essentially rolled right over two threshholds on top of the pipes.

Sometimes the pipes get at odd angles and act out of line a bit, but we kept going by feeding pipes back under it. We'd take a pause sometimes to wiggle the safe back in the exact direction we wanted to go. We moved it about 60' and over two threshholds in about 15 minutes. Hardly broke a sweat.

Who'd your wife play for?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Who'd your wife play for?
    She moved the pipes.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links