RM Low Rider retention ??

This is a discussion on RM Low Rider retention ?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked at the previous posts about this holster but didn't see any info about retention in the RM Low Rider. Is there any built-in ...

Thread: RM Low Rider retention ??

RM Low Rider retention ??

I looked at the previous posts about this holster but didn't see any info about retention in the RM Low Rider. Is there any built-in retention? If not, is it flexible enough that the pressure between your belt and body provides the retention? Or does it just use flab retention? And does it maintain shape well enough for easy re-holster?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    I looked at the previous posts about this holster but didn't see any info about retention in the RM Low Rider. Is there any built-in retention? If not, is it flexible enough that the pressure between your belt and body provides the retention? Or does it just use flab retention? And does it maintain shape well enough for easy re-holster?

Thanks.
    The RM Low Rider (and the JS Holsters IWB and PJ Holsters IWB) is a very well-made Kydex IWB; the retention comes from the holster's form; particularly that area where it's "built in" (formed) around the trigger guard. A retention screw does let you tighten the holster up if you want. I carry with one of these style holsters with a CZ 75 Compact, a G36, and a G26 when I need easy on and off. With gun in holster, I can turn it upside down and the pistol doesn't fall out. It's not designed to be a "retention" rig, if you will, although for me, this design works fine for most occasions. One-handed re-holster is a snap with this holster. The formed Kydex doesn't collapse like a nylon or suede el cheapo does.

all the info I was looking for. thanks.

Links