Quark cr123a whats the odds..............

This is a discussion on Quark cr123a whats the odds.............. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; of getting a brand new one with a dead battery. I don't really want to go out and buy a $8.00 battery to test it ...

Thread: Quark cr123a whats the odds..............

Quark cr123a whats the odds..............

of getting a brand new one with a dead battery. I don't really want to go out and buy a $8.00 battery to test it but I received what apears to be a brand spankin new Quark Cr123a Tactical flashlight yesterday and it will not work. I am putting the battery in properly and everything seems great but it will not come on. I've sent an emai to 4Sevens but havent heard back.

Donnie

2. Remove Ads

Good luck with that I hate 4Sevens worst customer service ever.

Distinguished Member
    Just fyi, I buy my 123's from batteryjunction for a buck a piece and they work very well. Good luck with your new light.

I like the light. It just dosen't work. I bought a new battery; unfortunatly....thats not the problem.

Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Dono View Post
    I like the light. It just dosen't work. I bought a new battery; unfortunatly....thats not the problem.

Donnie
    I made the mistake of buying 1 a few years back it went dead about 10 months after I bought it took 4 months to get it back. Buy Fenix and you will be a happy camper.

I've been nothing but happy with 4Sevens and their CS. Maybe I've just been lucky. Try unscrewing the head of the flashlight and looking inside. You should see a circuit board with a gold ring around it. Try using a knife with a fine point or something similar to run between that gold ring and the inside of the case. I had a problem once with a metal shaving getting in there and interfering with the function of the flashlight and that fixed me up. If that doesn't work, take the tailcap off and use something metal to bridge the gap between the base of the CR123 and the flashlight casing. If it lights up, sounds like a bad tailcap. If not then maybe a bad head.

On an unrelated note, where in OK are you? I'm up North-East.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thanks for the info. I'm in Yukon.

Donnie

I had to send a Ncstar light back to the co and they replaced it free of charge under the warranty so if you get no response from the co that sold it to you go to the MFG and submit it under the warranty
    and if you paid by CC you can set up a dispute with them and refuse payment

4Sevens was quick to reply by email although we got nowhere. My fingers are even sore from screwing and unscrewing this little light. Still haven't heard back from the vendor I bought it from.

Donnie

Links