1st Line Belt

1st Line Belt

This is a discussion on 1st Line Belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I searched and didn't find any threads on 1st line belts or war belts and was wondering what folks maybe using for training. A few ...

Thread: 1st Line Belt

1st Line Belt

I searched and didn't find any threads on 1st line belts or war belts and was wondering what folks maybe using for training. A few months ago I took my first carbine class and used a couple of Ready Tactical mag pouches on a Wilderness Instructor belt. It worked OK, and for this class was all that was really needed. However, others in the class had a dedicated belt and or a chest rig.

After some research I decided on the following:
    Emdom MM CM Belt
    HSGI TACOS - single rifle, a double decker rifle/pistol and 2 single pistol mag puches
    Maxpedition RollyPolly dump pouch
    G-Code XST RTI Holster with the RTI Belt Slide
    Need to add a IFAK

I've only be able to dry practice with it, but have another class scheduled for the end of June. I'm interested in what others maybe using and any thoughts.

Thanks

1st line belt.JPG1st line belt-A.JPG

I have been thinking of a setup similar to this because I'm going to start shooting rifle/pistol competition casualy. I also wanted something to serve as what I have decided to call a "homeland readiness" rig. I wanted to keep it light weight and only have the basics - 3 rifle mags, 3 pistol mags, a knife, multi tool and pistol holster. I've done a bit of research and from what I have heard the primary complaint about belts like this whe4n compared to vests or chest rigs is stability. Some people complain that they tend to bounce or twist when a lot of movement is involved. Once you get some time under your belt (har har har) with this setup I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on how it worked for you.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Sounds like you may want to use suspenders?

Quote Originally Posted by abillb View Post
    Sounds like you may want to use suspenders?
    To me, that's partially defeating the purpose of a super simple system like I want to create. I want grab and go simplicity with out a bunch of straps, buttons, zippers, etc. Grab it, put it on and go. Also, I don't want anything that limits or constricts mobility.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I'll post a report after the class. I've only worn it at home trying different positions, sitting, kneeling, prone and doing some jumping jacks to see how it would sit or move and so far it seems OK. I'm still moving the pouches around to find the right spots. The only potential problem is the holster if you lay on your side to simulate shooting under something, it does get in the way. I may have to move it back a bit.
    Thanks for the comments.

1st Line Belt - Update 6/30

Participated in a one day carbine class yesterday, the first one using this belt and equipment. The belt worked very well. No movement or shifting during drills and didn't feel heavy loaded with 2 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, pistol and multi-tool.

Couple of things I'm going to change - one is the dump pouch. I think I need one that is deeper. One set of drills was to sprint 50 yards, go prone and engage target, sprint another 50, prone engage, another 50 prone engage. In one of the relays, all the contents of the pouch came flying out onto the deck. Luckily I didn't need anything in there to finish the drill.

For the pistol holster, I going to get a different adapter so the holster hangs a little lower. Holster itself worked good, 100% retention.

Uncertain about the double Taco rifle/pistol pouch - may change to a single rifle pouch. The other thing is the location of the pouch for the multi-tool, had shifted it to the right side in front of the holster, now going to try behind the holster.

I'd recommend this belt for a simple, lite weight set up.

P95
    Nie looking belt....thanks for posting.

Links