AR15 sling advice

This is a discussion on AR15 sling advice within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm kinda new to the AR. not being military or Law Enforcement,I need some advice, I've been looking at slings. single point,2 point and 3 ...

Thread: AR15 sling advice

AR15 sling advice

I'm kinda new to the AR. not being military or Law Enforcement,I need some advice, I've been looking at slings. single point,2 point and 3 point. if you had to carry your AR all day with any military or tactical sling you wanted what kind would you pick and why? I'm just trying to get some ideas. I would prefer it not to be leather because of the heat and humidity in my neck of the woods What I'm looking for is comfort and fast access.
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

2. Remove Ads

Learned the hard way,V-Tac's are the only way I go now,although the new Magpul looks interesting.

VIP Member
    V-Tac. Comfortable, solid, fast, versatile. I've used a lot of slings over the years, and this is the best I've found.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

V tac sling

Ditto what the others have said. I use it on my 6920. You can check it out on Youtube.

V-Tac - but get the padded one.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I no longer use a single point even on my 8" or 10.5". I prefer an adjustable two point and I either attach it near the barrel nut and stock using QD's or switch to the end plate instead of the stock for the rear if I need a little more maneuverability. VCAS standard for me, but I like the VTAC as well.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'm with the OP about being new to ARs. Is there a model specific of the V-tac? I would assume they make more than one.

Ken

I posed this question a while back and got the same responses. I recommend the VTAC as well...padded...It's versatile, easy, and comfy....

VTAC!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I use the slings from Bulldog. Snaps on an off easily off the sling hooks if I have to take them off prior to cleaning/oiling.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Lead Moderator
    What will this sling be used for? I went with the Magpul MS3 , but a padded sling might be a bit better if all day carry is planned. I do carry my AR all day at times but wanted a convertible type sling. So far it has worked well enough. Single point slings seem fine on the range or for maneuvering , however two point are much more useful for longer usage time or much walking/moving.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links