Looking for a range bag - Page 3

Looking for a range bag

This is a discussion on Looking for a range bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by talkglock Ditto, I picked up a Lowes brand bag awhile back for another use. Now using it for carrying stuff to the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for a range bag

Quote Originally Posted by talkglock View Post
    Ditto, I picked up a Lowes brand bag awhile back for another use. Now using it for carrying stuff to the range.

Going this way will save you a lot of $$ on so called "range bags"
    Exactly, for example, this one is good for boxed ammo and to hold magazines

and these are good for guns and other accessories. Heck you even get 2 bags for 24 dollars.

Theres absolutely no need to pay big money for something just because it is marketed as a "Range Bag". Just like Photographers who pay big money for a VEST when a fishing vest can do the same LOL
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Yea but the range bag has a lot of features these others don't. Just dish out a little bit of cash and buy a real range bag. It has soft cases to put each pistol in, a pull out cleaning kit holder, and a dump pouch. There worth it bro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Exactly, for example, this one is good for boxed ammo and to hold magazines

and these are good for guns and other accessories. Heck you even get 2 bags for 24 dollars.

Theres absolutely no need to pay big money for something just because it is marketed as a "Range Bag". Just like Photographers who pay big money for a VEST when a fishing vest can do the same LOL
    +1.

The idea is to get a bag that's properly reinforced and "heavy duty" at the points where it counts. Something that can support the weight of all the hardware and ammo, and remain durable enough for more than just one or two trips.

Many hardware/tool bags are very suited to the job.

That said, like Mattmann noted, there's also a reason why some bags are marketed specifically as "range bags," with features that are not found (or hard to find in-combination) in bags marketed for other purposes. For some, this difference may not justify the cost, for others, it will.

As for the Midway bag's shipping.

Yes, that is universally agreed to be quite harsh. Once you see the big box that it comes in, though, you'll understand why - but still, that doesn't lessen the pain any! I remembered that when I ordered, I had just started shooting, so I needed *A LOT* of other equipment/supplies, which helped soften the blow of the high shipping cost.

HCF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Get this one. It's awesome and a great bargain. I've carried upwards of 75 pounds of junk in it for two years and it has been super. This is four guns, 1000 rounds, eyes, ears, binoculars, cleaning kit, targets, tools, magazines, everything....

I've got this same bag, had it for years. Suites my needs no need for another range bag. All kinds of pockets an storage.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    While MidwayUSA is one of my go to places, I use a Medimum bag from Elite Survival Systems:

Elite Survival Systems Range Bag - available in 3 sizes

Four pistols, 400 round, Eyes, Ears and a hold lot more!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I realize it's an old thread but still a good one. I found a small rolling bag in the luggage dept at walmart, probably about 18" wide 14" tall and expands to maybe 6 " wide. $29, easily fits 4 handguns in the cases, 8-10 boxes ammo, hearing protection, etc. It is probably meant for a laptop or something.

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    MidwayUSA makes great range bags, very high quality, excellent features, and on sale right now, IIRC.
    Agreed, picked up one of their competition range bags years ago and it's well worth the money:

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

I'm in search of a range bag. The Midway bag does look like it'll be perfect.
    MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag

I bought a 5.11 range bag and it came with a free 5.11 pistol bag as well...ive had it for over 2 years now and i love it! Been very happy with it

http://http://policehq.com/Products/RR-56947

This is the pistol bag:
    5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Case
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

This works for me--- LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links