OC sprayed my 8th felon of the year - Page 3

OC sprayed my 8th felon of the year

This is a discussion on OC sprayed my 8th felon of the year within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IMHO Fox labs is , if not the best, 2nd best. Fox Labs International 11 grams of 5.3 million scoville is some serious burn. Most ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: OC sprayed my 8th felon of the year

VIP Member
    IMHO Fox labs is , if not the best, 2nd best.

Fox Labs International

11 grams of 5.3 million scoville is some serious burn.

Most of the rest use 2 mil.
    All my adult kids have them, sister mom wife brother etc etc.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Good advice Gman. And something that I am trying to incorporate into my current carry setup. I ordered a container of the fox labs 3.5 but it's just to bulky. I love the range but the size makes it a bit difficult to carry. I really wish they make a good pepper spray and belt clip combo but I have yet to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

The reason I am posting this, is because I want to stress the importance of carrying a less than lethal option to all are members here that carry a firearm. It truly fills a niche area between those time that you could get your ass kicked, but do not call for killing someone.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I carry OC and a tactical flashlight as my less lethal use of force weapons. Had Zimmerman had those options, whether or not his actions were justifiable, he would not have to deal with the ramifications that much when dealing with the unarmed but possibly dangerous Martin.
    +1 on this with an m&p. Fox labs for oc that I ordered directly from them. Whatever you use just make sure of the expiration date. Mine I keep no more than two years.

Just be mindful of those small cans of OC. If u miss the face at first spray u don't have much left, that why I like a big can. But since they came out with the X-26 taser the OC is not hardly used in my dept. But OC is good stuff for defense....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Just be mindful of those small cans of OC. If u miss the face at first spray u don't have much left, that why I like a big can. But since they came out with the X-26 taser the OC is not hardly used in my dept. But OC is good stuff for defense....
    +1 A major difference I find between a civilian and Police is objective. When on the job the goal is to subdue and restrain and handle the bad guy. Civilians it is just get out of the situation and run, get in the car and go etc.

Sent from my 300 baud modem

If you're looking to carry OC spray, consider the ASP Defender. It's a long metal cylinder that attaches to your key ring. When you get out of your car, it's in your hand. Returning to your car, it's in your hand. Always ready - no belt holster to deal with. It can be used as a striking weapon or kubotan in its own right.

"It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Cool

Honestly I tell you, the Gas Chamber in the Marine Corp is a cakewalk compared to OC. With CS, as soon as you hit fresh air, it clears up. With OC , it gets absorbed through you pores, readily absorbed because it's a food product. It was hell for me.
    .....although, when I had dinner that night, I had an unnatural craving for hot sauce on my spaghetti.
    I would rather be tased than sprayed and I have had both done to me.

As Shockwave said the ASP Street Defender is compact and always with you when you are carrying your keys and it has multiple uses if you have been Kubaton trained.

The three units shown below are the three I have available to me with the ASP Street Defender or Mark VI on my person and the Mark III in my vehicle.

The Mark VI with belt clip is the one my wife and daughter carry along with the Mark III in their vehicles.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

http://www.qmuniforms.com/shop.axd/S...ray#page_no=1*

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Good job

One must get their defensive skills up to par, in that close of an environment I would have throw elbows and short punches then deployed OC. The times I've deployed OC I went hands on right after including against one guy who had me by literally 100lbs, he ended up in the rear naked choke or carotid restraint as my department calls it.

I've noticed that the majority of LE whether they work patrol or on the inside cannot fight what so ever. I would put my money on the average inmate or criminal on the street vs the average officer. You can bring up use of force policies that vary by department plus being on the defensive/reacting mode when it comes to physically fighting with a Thug, but when it comes time to throw knuckles you have to throw them and it shouldn't be a problem to do so.

Go to any academy in the nation and when the force instructors ask the class how many have been punched or been in a fight watch how a few hands come up. Now ask inmates or gangsters the same question and you will get 100% or at least 98% of them being in fights. The defensive tactics in most academies as far as punching and kicking are basic and very perishable to those who have not been in a fight.

Too many officers rely so much on the Gun, Taser, baton, spray or flashlight and when they can't get to those tools or the tools fail they have nothing else and are like deers in headlights getting smacked around.

I see so many officers put more emphasis on running 5-7 miles than actually fighting, sparring or hitting the heavy bag which is good cardio and will help you more in a fight than 5-7 mile long runs in which you are not blocking, striking, evading and getting experience like sparring.

Make the inmate or suspect know that he was in a fight hurt him within reason of course, however the Thug comes into the fight he should not leave that way. Bruises, bleeding and preferably a trip to the hospital cuffed to the bed.

You can't do that of course if you can't fight or at least know how to throw a decent punch so work out more than just lifting and running. Get your sparring in and if you need to take classes on your own so you can slang them thangs and win the fight.

Uhhh, ok, thanks for the advice.
    PEF likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I use to carry OC all the time when I was out and about, I just stopped carrying it a few years ago. I do need to buy some for my GF though and buy more for my mother.

Uhhh, ok, thanks for the advice.
    Yea every one has a different mind set, mine is to inflict as much damage as I can upon a threat whether it be an inmate in the county, a suspect on the street or a person who intends to do me harm off duty.

Of course everything will be in policy on duty as much as possible but the criminal will be hurt and I will go home, so will my partners. If I don't the criminal won't either and if he does survive he will have scars or some kind of physical ailment to remember me by.

Yet as I said every one doesn't have that mind set when it comes to dealing with threats in hand to hand combat.

My whole thing is not to be solely reliant on tools that can fail to fire or deploy. My hands fire every time with no worries about clearing, FTF, etc.

Yeah, until you open up a wound on your hand from a tooth and get HIV or Hepatitis, then go safely home and give it to your wife.
    Or, until you are convicted of abuse of force and sent down the river in the Federal Pen.

The most dangerous man to fight is the intermediate rankings in martial arts. He loses control because of fear and inexperience.
    My job is control. I don't take it personal, and I don't get angry. I just do. Each his own.
    marcclarke and 10thmtn like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

My mother-in-law and I were discussing options for her the other day. She goes to alot of late night scrapbooking sessions and other craft events with a group of her (all female) friends and they have to walk themselves out to their cars. Some of the places are not the safest parts of town. I think maybe this might be a solution to her problem. Thanks for the posting.

While I do appreciate the suggestions of the poster I have another point I would like you all to ponder. As a former LEO we were constantly drilled with the "Liability" of our actions, how these actions would be interpreted by and jury and how things are twisted by a prosecutor.

The tendency to carry a less lethal option is in the same mindset ballpark as "shoot them in the leg" This has been interpreted by juries many times (with the twisted assistance of the prosecution) to mean "If he had the option to just wound someone he had another option than a firearm all together". If we shoot we do so to neutralize a threat and this has been shown over and over to be most effectively done by a sudden and complete loss of blood pressure ie: two to the chest one to the head.

When it comes to less lethal, if you have to fire a weapon in self defense and you were carrying a less lethal option, you are going to have a really hard time explaining to a jury why "I had no choice". Especially when poor little dead Leroy's mama is in the courtroom crying and showing pictures of her perfect little angel and begging the jury for justice because little Leroy didn't have to die "he could have just pepper sprayed him instead of killin my baby"

This is why we were trained to NEVER carry less lethal off duty. If God forbid anyone here ever has to use their weapon in self defense remember, in this liberal anti-gun society that we live in, if you have any chance at all of not going to prison you better be able to show without a shadow of a doubt that you had absolutely NO CHOICE but to fire. Not a handgun and a can of O.C. and you just chose the handgun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links