Watch picture thread

Watch picture thread

This is a discussion on Watch picture thread within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen several threads on watches on the forum, but very few pictures. I know some of you have excellent taste in timepieces, so I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Watch picture thread

Watch picture thread

I've seen several threads on watches on the forum, but very few pictures.

I know some of you have excellent taste in timepieces, so I'd like to see them and read what you have to say about them.

I think a watch is a valuable part of EDC gear along with concealed carry. I always have a watch, a knife, a flashlight, and a handkerchief; even if I don't carry.

My budget is quite modest, I think, but also relative. What's that old saying? Buy once, cry once.

My first nice watch that I ever got was a $150 Wenger from Cabela's. It was 50% off and I had enough Cabela's points to pick it up.

I've had it for close to 12 years. It's on it's 3rd battery. I wear it when I'm not working.

uploadfromtaptalk1341193090290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341193108829.jpg

For years I've used $20 Timex pieces for work (construction) . But the light just quit on my most recent one. I gotta have something durable and well lit.

I did an internet search for the most durable watch under $100. The overwhelming consensus was the Casio G Shock.

I thought I'd give em a try. For $70 I picked up this watch.

uploadfromtaptalk1341193393608.jpg

My entire collection

uploadfromtaptalk1341193421116.jpg

Now, I know you guys have good taste and good photography skills, so no holding out.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sunglasses and watches. For me the cheaper they are, the longer I'm able to retain them. And vice-versa. I like my Citizens, my Seiko, and......

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have 2 Rolex subs, an Omega, Oris, Seikos...I love watches as much as guns. For a budget of $150 for my taste, I wil take a Seiko diving watch over a G shock any day. Superior movement, as durable and auto movement-no battery to die. But watches are like guns, tastes rule often. Look hard @ Seiko dive watches. Have owned two, both are >10 years old. Run <30 seconds per 24/hrs.
    Last edited by Aiko; July 8th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

I too love neato wristwatches about as much as guns as long as they are older classics and don't say Rolex on the dial face (well - maybe a really old Rolex would do - don't like gargantuan watches). I'm as geezerly about watches as I am about my guns. The oldies wristwatches do a great job of keeping time and are more gratifying to wear. I do have one nice Seiko quartz dress watch.

Here's an early 1950s stainless steel IWC with 17-jewel C89 movement of their own manufacture. Shown with a mid-1990s Smith & Wesson Model 10 snub and a Case Baby Butterbean with redbone handles, a favorite "town" knife. Love folders and am not too keen on lock-blades except for field dressing deer.
    http://home.watchprosite.com/?show=f...4821&ti=462806

The "daily drivers." A 1955-1958 vintage stainless steel Omega Constellation with its Omega 24-jewel 505 automatic movement, 1971 vintage Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel (worn in a Holster's Unlimited IWB holster, Bucheimer "Federal Man" high-rise holster, or Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster - depending on circumstances or conditions). The Constellation is about as heavy as a modern Rolex and is as large a watch as I'm interested in wearing. Omega Constellation Collectors: About Omega Constellation Vintage Calibres

When one needs to "get back." This was the outfit worn daily on a 3-day excursion to a ranch on the Mexican border taken earlier this year. A post-World War II stainless steel Glycine military watch with Felsa 465 15-jewel movement on a Vietnam era G.I. surplus strap, Colt Government Model, a Safariland (I think) holster, World War I surplus Mills magazine pouch, and a yellow-handle Mini-Trapper with the non-stainless chrome-vanadium blades. This silly little watch is utterly bullet-proof and keeps the very best time of all the mechanical watches around here, even beating out the Omega Constellation "certified chronometer" which keeps pretty good time itself. The Glycine's been my outdoor/hunting watch for years. Seems like it was purchased for $10-$15 back in the pre-Ebay days. Ebay ruined my watch collecting by the late 1990s. This asking price is just nuts! https://www.jurgensgermany.com/vmart...chk=1&Itemid=1

A photo taken a few years back after coming in from an early morning meeting in town. A 1945 vintage solid 18kt rose gold Longines with sub-second hand and white linen dial and the 17-jewel Longines-produced 23Z movement inside, a 1966 Colt Detective Special, and the same ol' Cross pen I've had for 30+ years. The Colt rides in a De Santis Nemesis pocket holster and has seen more use locally since I retired. This Longines was picked up at a "car boot" sale in England years ago. bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Longines 23Z
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

RKM
    Some day, I'll save up for a Tag Heuer Carrera...... But this one does the job for now.

Nice pics, everyone! Very enjoyable!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I also love watches. I have primarily owned Seiko until yesterday, I FINALLY got a high end watch and I LOVE IT!!! It's an MTM Patriot in Stainless Steel. MTM is one of the options Navy SEALS, Special Forces and other branches of the military can wear. It's heavy and really impressive looking WITHOUT looking gaudy like some Rolex one's can be. I did a video on my youTube page about it: THANK YOU for my new tool - YouTube and here are some photo's.:photo.JPGphoto copy.JPG Check out their website: Specialopwatches.com | specialopwatches.com

RKM
    Here are two I recently added. I only have 4 total...

Citizen Nighthawk with a Zulu band

Luminox 3001 with a Zulu band

I also have a Seiko Flieger Automatic with a NATO band.

I'm not a huge watch wearer, just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say that, for a bunch of gun guys, I am thoroughly impressed with your photography skills!!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I'm not particular towards watches, have a Rolex my dad bought in China for $6 US, but wear a cheap Timex. This one will be on Ebay soon, Appx 1905 Waltham 8 day 7 jewel dashboard clock. Makes a nice pocket watch?

I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

That $6 Rolex might not be real...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I'm not a huge watch wearer, just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say that, for a bunch of gun guys, I am thoroughly impressed with your photography skills!!
    I've been an amateur photographer far longer than I've been a gun guy

This is what I carry..

panasonic camera 023.jpg

always.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    This is what I carry..

panasonic camera 023.jpg

always.
    Curious as to the functionality of the monkey's fist... doesn't that get cumbersome attached to your keys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links