Any first aid kit recommendations?

This is a discussion on Any first aid kit recommendations? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I felt I wanted a kit for my car. I do a bit of driving and shooting (not simultaneously, usually) and have a fair chance ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Any first aid kit recommendations?

Limited Responder

I felt I wanted a kit for my car. I do a bit of driving and shooting (not simultaneously, usually) and have a fair chance of finding either an accident on the road or range. At my local hardware store I found a 'contractor's' first aid kit for $20 or so with basic bandages for cuts, tears or puncture type wounds and I thought that a good place to start.

I am not an EMT, but I have had First Aid and CPR. I'm figuring all I'm going to do is keep someone from bleeding out, strangling on their own or dying from cardiac arrest until the ambulance arrives and the guys who know what to do take over. So mostly, my kit has wound covering pads, a minor amount of 'flush out' fluid, and blood stopping pads. I think I can figure who not to move - unless something is burning and getting worse.

I will be checking out some of the items mentioned here. Mostly the surface treatment type stuff for burns and other open wounds.

I will not stand by idly while someone is dying.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

I have only browsed through the responses of this thread, so ignore my suggestion if someone has already said it. One thing I find helpful, no matter if this med kit is going to be in your Bug out bag, your range bag, or your truck, etc. But an emergency book on procedures and proper use of first aid in an emergency is always great. Not that you're going to have time to consult the book, but if you have a serious situation where you need to know the next step after providing immediate aid. Great for those situations where you might be the first responder and the only responder for quite sometime...
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

http://shop.skinnymedic.com/Black-Fi...blackmolle.htm

Well equipped, add this and you are good to go for less than $50.00

http://www.amazon.com/CAT-C-A-T-Comb...eli+tourniquet

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    For a kit to take to the range Id Add Tampons! a combat medic once pointed out that there's nothing better at at stopping blood from coming out of a bullet sized hole. They go in small and swell to seal. DR

I made my own, but also purchased a kit. I'd just get a bunch of ziplocks and fill them up, then put in a gallon zip lock. Or get a toiletry bag like this . http://www.amazon.com/Ogio-Doppler-K...s=toiletry+bag

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links