Gum Creek under dash holster review

This is a discussion on Gum Creek under dash holster review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Received mine last week, installed in my SRX in a minute or so. I ordered a holster for my 1911, I already have a nylon ...

Thread: Gum Creek under dash holster review

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Received mine last week, installed in my SRX in a minute or so. I ordered a holster for my 1911, I already have a nylon holster for my FNP40 w/TLR2. Easy swap out, takes all of five minutes at most. The weight of the grip causes it to droop slightly allowing for perfect access when you reach for the weapon. The holster comes with a thumb break, it is not very tight snap so the draw is fluid without even thinking of the break. Just took a long road trip, this thing solves sitting on a holster all day (which by the way the grip is wearing the seat leather which is not good). I was worried when first installed it would look like it would interfere with my legs but plenty of clearance. I wear a shoulder holster in cooler temps with a shirt or vest but this is the hot weather solution.

I will post picks when I get back but I highly recommend this product to anyone who has to do a lot of car time.

Oh, don't do like I did and get out of the car with the gun in the holster at valet parking. "uh sir?". Embarrassing LOL. Extra tip
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I'll bet those valet guys weren't messing with your car!

Links