Invest in a good GUN belt! - Page 3

Invest in a good GUN belt!

This is a discussion on Invest in a good GUN belt! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good gun, good holster, good belt. All must haves....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Invest in a good GUN belt!

sgb
    Good gun, good holster, good belt. All must haves.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Looked at some Galco and Black Hawk belts today. Galco were way over priced and not rigid enough. the Black Hawk was much cheaper and perfect. But they did not have my size.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

TRP

aresgear.com

IMO this is the best belt you can own for EDC or anything.

Ranger Belt - $79.99 : Ares Gear
    SA TRP Armory-Kote
    Glock 22
    Glock 27

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Where can I go look at some in the Cincinnati, Columbus or even Louisville? I don't want to buy one online.
    You might check with this fellow. He can probably make whatever you have in mind. I've not bought any belts from him, but I like his leatherwork on other stuff.

custom leather belts - work belts
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I bought a Galco gun belt which turned out poorly. It was marketed as a gun belt, but it was really just a regular belt with the Galco name.

I sprung for a Rock Steady belt from High Noon holsters and I've been thourougly pleased with it.

It's amazing what some people will, or will not pay for things. I don't care what people do, it's just an interesting observation.

Most people would spend up to $1000 on a gun, but wouldn't spend $100 on a holster.

Most people would gladly dump $100 for dinner at a chain restaurant, but would not spend $100 on a good belt that will last at least a decade.

I know people who spend $100s of dollars on booze and cigarettes, but their fridges and cupboards are bare.

I know a person who couldn't afford a Glock, but was able to buy a home theater system. The TV that he bought was $3000.

When it comes to money, it's all about perspective. People, for the most part, are able to find away to get what they want whatever the cost.

I don't care what people want to spend their money on. It's just ironic to observe our species when it comes to defining 'value'

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    CJM and DefConGun like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Anyone have a belt suggestion strictly for suits?

I'm concerned about getting a sturdy gun belt that may be too unforgiving on the belt loops on my work suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrockk View Post
    Anyone have a belt suggestion strictly for suits? I'm concerned about getting a sturdy gun belt that may be too unforgiving on the belt loops on my work suits.
    I've really enjoyed the double bullhide BeltMan belts that I have purchased. Yes, they're thicker, and yes they stand up to a firearm. But they've each been fairly easy on the slacks. None have tormented the belt loops. Great workmanship and quality, decent longevity that stands up to everyday carry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

3 questions to this thread:

1. 1", 1.25, 1.5", how much difference does this make?

2. On the 5.11 belts, how do these compare to leather belts. This material looks much 'flimsier' than leather, and comments are made that 'non gun specific' leather belts don't hold up. So how does nylon hold up the holster (i know nylon is strong).

3. Finally, looks like many 5.11 belts on amazon. Is there a 'real' one?

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    1. 1", 1.25, 1.5", how much difference does this make?
    IMO, the wider, thicker and better-made, the overall better results you'll have. Doesn't have to be extremely expensive, but it should be designed with carrying larger holstered firearms in mind. If not, then it can easily be too flimsy to withstand daily use, particularly if you're talking about a 35oz+ 1911 or other similar larger weapon, plus spare mags, plus light, etc.

I've had several. One made by Kramer Handgun Leather turned out to be extremely heavy-duty, able to withstand anything I could throw at it, though it was big-time stiff. Perfect, for durable daily use, but somewhat uncomfortable given that it didn't move at all with me as I moved.

All of the belts that I've made by The BeltMan have been double bullhide, and though not as stiff overall as the Kramer they have felt far more comfortable for daily use. Each has been 1.5in in size, except for one dress-oriented BeltMan example in 1.25in that I wear some days. The Kramer was with an internal stiffener, IIRC, and very stout stitching. The 1.25in BeltMan double bullhide one hasn't turned out to be nearly as useful for carry of ~30oz+ holstered gear as compared to the 1.5in sizes.

3. Finally, looks like many 5.11 belts on amazon. Is there a 'real' one?
    Check 5.11 Tactical.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

A good belt helps. I like Jerry Bissell for leather and 5.11 operator for casual. Both are firm and support a holster very well and securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check 5.11 Tactical.

Interesting. I checked on amazon (free shipping), and the reviews weren't so hot regarding using this as a gun belt (or even a regular belt if you use jeans and move lots). Most felt that it didn't hold the wt, even a guy with a LC9 said too flimsy. Maybe this isn't the real 5.11? Interested in hearing if others use 5.11 as a gun belt.

I went with "A Better Belt USA" and highly recommend them. Their quality and service is second to none and prices are pretty reasonable. It's too easy to settle for cheaper substitute from Wal-mart, but it is not the same thing. Sell a few things on Ebay and you will have enough for a good quality belt.

The Ultimate Belt ~ Dual Layer Gun Belts - A Better Belt USA

Check 5.11 Tactical.

Interesting. I checked on amazon (free shipping), and the reviews weren't so hot regarding using this as a gun belt (or even a regular belt if you use jeans and move lots). Most felt that it didn't hold the wt, even a guy with a LC9 said too flimsy. Maybe this isn't the real 5.11? Interested in hearing if others use 5.11 as a gun belt.
    I think it will depend on which 5.11 belt you get. The operators belt is significantly sturdier than their entry level tactical belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought two CCW belts from Hanks Clothing.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_brown_buy.html

I purchesed a Don Hume belt and I'm so glad that I did, it's nice not having to adjust every couple of minutes and the weapon stays in it's place.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links