Invest in a good GUN belt!

This is a discussion on Invest in a good GUN belt! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Add me to the list of believers! After carrying my Bersa Thunder 45 for about a month and constantly adjusting and repositioning to try to ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Invest in a good GUN belt!

What a difference a belt makes!

Add me to the list of believers!

After carrying my Bersa Thunder 45 for about a month and constantly adjusting and repositioning to try to get comfortable with two other leather clothing belts, I finally swung by Maine Military Supply and found a nice heavy duty 1.5" Deerfield Leathers belt designed to take the weight of a pistol.

EDIT: About $35.00 for the belt.

Now the 45 stays put and the belt doesn't sag or roll over at the top and the weight is distributed much better so I can carry all day with less stress on my back & hips, etc.
    Last edited by Maine_Expat; August 12th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Econometrics View Post
    +1 on this. I just picked up a 5.11 Tactical Trainer Belt - 1.5". It is awesome. I really love the velcro, as I can "fine tune" adjust the tension for different pairs of pants.
    I really like my 5.11 trainer! the 1.5 is about the perfect width for all my beltloops.

I’ve got a Beltman Bullhide with the stiffener. To be honest with the stiffener added, it’s “too much of a good thing” and doesn’t conform very well to my body when wearing IWB, which is why I really like the 5.11. The Beltman leaves a gap adjacent the holster.

To me, Ideal is stiffness top to bottom, but some flexibility fore and aft to hug your body.

Chuck
    Maine_Expat likes this.
    homo homini lupus est

Read enough to motivate me to upgrade my belt. Thanks.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by spektrum View Post
    I just put my order in for an Ares Gear Ranger belt. I've put off buying a gun belt for a while because a P238 doesn't exactly strain any belts that I have. But the new belt should allow me to carry something heavier in the winter more comfortably.
    It will. In fact, I would bet after getting the Ranger Belt that you will start carrying something bigger year round.

Based on this thread, I got a Beltman Bullhide.
    Gentlemen, thank you: you spoke truly.
    One word about Beltman:
    I believe the delivery time quoted on his web site was about eight weeks.
    It was here, on my front porch, in less than eight DAYS.
    I am more than delighted with the belt.
    All y'all spoke truly!
    I am pickled tink!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Word of caution on Beltman belts. They are shorter then your normal belt measurement. Meaning if you normally wear a 36" Beltman will require a 38". Then you pay them 25 more to "re-stock". They measure the belt different than you normally wear - Beltman's special way of extracting more money from people who are certain of their belt sizes. Kind of a rip off.

Beltman's special way of extracting more money from people who are certain of their belt sizes. Kind of a rip off.
    Mine measured and fit perfect.

I guess my waist is smaller at 28,670 feet.

I haven't heard any complaints elsewhere, but here are their measuring instructions: http://thebeltman.net/sizing.htm

All this and Looper’s has not been mentioned.
    I bought two one brown one black, both with stiffeners from my LGS at $50 each just about a year ago.
    The brown sees more use (business casual) and I carry an XD 5” daily IWB at work and OWB most of the rest of the time.
    I use to use a Carhart belt it is 12+ years old, I cut it down and my 10yr old uses it now so yes it was a quality belt but I will not carry without an appropriate gun belt anymore.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    All this and Looper’s has not been mentioned.
    I bought two one brown one black, both with stiffeners from my LGS at $50 each just about a year ago.
    The brown sees more use (business casual) and I carry an XD 5” daily IWB at work and OWB most of the rest of the time.
    I use to use a Carhart belt it is 12+ years old, I cut it down and my 10yr old uses it now so yes it was a quality belt but I will not carry without an appropriate gun belt anymore.
    I also use a Carhart belt, no problems and carry every day!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Love my beltman belt!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links