Which Fox labs pepper spray? Mark 3 or Mean Green? Cone or Stream? - Page 2

Which Fox labs pepper spray? Mark 3 or Mean Green? Cone or Stream?

This is a discussion on Which Fox labs pepper spray? Mark 3 or Mean Green? Cone or Stream? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry, and use several times a year on combatives the MK3 made by Defense Technology. We have used that brand for years, so I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which Fox labs pepper spray? Mark 3 or Mean Green? Cone or Stream?

I carry, and use several times a year on combatives the MK3 made by Defense Technology. We have used that brand for years, so I know for a fact that it works. I dont know anything about Fox.

One thing I would caution against is getting any type of OC that is suspended in a gel or foam. It can clogg the tube due to its thick consistancy over time. Also, make sure it has an anti freeze solution if left in a vehicle during cold weather.

You should spray a small stream outdoors to make sure it works, and then "clear" the nozzle by holding it upside down, and spraying out any remaining fluid in the nozzle to further make sure it doesnt clog over time.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I use to work as a Detention Officer and I have been sprayed with a few. Bodyguard was the most painful and lasted the longest. Cone is by far the easiest to hit you target with in an intense situation.

Here in northern Colorado we have this persistent phenomenon known as "wind". Stream-style pepper spray is vastly preferred over fog or cone style pepper spray, as stream-style pepper spray is much more resistant to being blown back into your eyes. All the cops that I know of in this vicinity carry stream-style pepper spray for this reason. Something to consider if you live in a place where there is ever any wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    They sell it at my local gun store.
    I suggest you also get practice units; inert (no pepper spray) spray cans of the same size and the same operating method. One needs to practice to gain proficiency with pepper spray. I know Fox sells practice units; other brands may also sell practice units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links