Am I A Mall Ninja Wannabe?

This is a discussion on Am I A Mall Ninja Wannabe? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DefConGun I don't want to be a mall ninja but does having the equipment alone make me one? Dave's reply nails it, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Am I A Mall Ninja Wannabe?

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I don't want to be a mall ninja but does having the equipment alone make me one?
    Dave's reply nails it, basically.

I've always thought of it like this: "mall rats" (kids who gang up to hang in shopping malls) compare to real street 'bangers in much the same way as "mall ninjas" compare to seasoned operators. It's the arrogance, attitude and misguided belief in their superiority and effectiveness that misses the boat.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    What is an "Esse" or "Esee" (since it was spelled both ways in the OP)?
    Ha-ha. I'm sorry about that. I'm really bad about remembering how to spell Esse. Google is always correcting me - I'll get it right someday. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    Do you own this weapon. Or post the video? Or believe the video? Or wish the video was real????

Ninja Glock - YouTube

If not your not a mall ninja :-D
    Dude, it could totally happen. lol

I want a Hello Kitty Glock! If there is an Elmo one Ill take that as well and two Spongebobs. Ill show thoes Ninjas!
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    do a mall ninja’s have followers..... Like mall ninja groupies?

Attachment 61165
    That's a big part of what it is all about. Legends in their own minds. Personal ego stroke....

Look,nothing gripes me more than people who will show up to a class with all their"I wish my Girlfriend could see me now"gear on,set up in a way that is not ambidextrious,could'nt reach half of it,things they will never use attached to it.I was attached to 1st Marines during Phantom Fury in 04,I used a total of 7 mags for my m-4,(7!),I've had guys come with mags all over their body.Now,if you want a set-up for SHTF sits,good,but think about what you will need and actually use.
    Ionracas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Look,nothing gripes me more than people who will show up to a class with all their"I wish my Girlfriend could see me now"gear on,set up in a way that is not ambidextrious,could'nt reach half of it,things they will never use attached to it.I was attached to 1st Marines during Phantom Fury in 04,I used a total of 7 mags for my m-4,(7!),I've had guys come with mags all over their body.Now,if you want a set-up for SHTF sits,good,but think about what you will need and actually use.
    I agree that its one thing to have that stuff for SHTF but be practical about it. I havnt taken a fancy class (for shooting) but when I look in the trade magazines (I favor American Handgunner) and see people all tacticooled out in a photo thats captioned "home defense class." FACEPALM!

Its 0300, your sleeping in your lambchops underwear and wake to loud noises outside and suddenly a door breaking open.
    Ninja; "HOLD ON MR BAD GUY LET ME STRAP UP AND THEN WE CAN THROW DOWN. GIVE ME FIVE MINUTES!"

Im not ganna take a shooting class in my undies or the buff but if someone attacks me at home or on the street Ill be in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. Practice as you play!
    pgrass101 and atctimmy like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Still on the fence as to whether the whole Gecko45 thread was the ramblings of an honest-to-goodness "mall ninja" or...

The most masterful example of Trolling that exists.

Either way, still a joy to read!
    mano3 likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Instead of a molle vest, I'd go for a ninja star vest.

or a trench coat that stores knives.

If you have a practical use for a vest like that, I say go ahead and wear it.

There is a paint ball range near a pizza place we like to eat at where you see young adults decked out in all kinds of mall ninja gear.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was being invaded by mall ninjas.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I wonder how many can recall when "mall ninja" might well have referred to the shopaholics in the community, instead of the tactical poseurs so common these days.

Shopaholic.jpg
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    When I think of mall ninja I think for our YT friend from FLA. I won't mention is name or link to his videos but do a search. ;)
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I don't want to be a mall ninja but does having the equipment alone make me one?
    Not really, but as stated in other posts, now may not be the best time to go shopping wearing an "assault vest" with an AR slung on your shoulder.

Better a CC or OC sidearm with a couple extra mags on your belt. (IMO)

Perception is everything in these cases so I try to stack the deck in my favor. I usually dress conservatively and go out well groomed and turned out. I'm a 30 vet so the short hair, etc works for me. I OC and have only had one "Excuse me sir, but your scaring some of the customers" discussions, which was quickly resolved in my favor by politely demonstrating I know the law and am in compliance.

^^^ Yep, you got it mate.

That's pretty much my style on most days. The "encounter" was in the Brewer Marden's, btw and the Mgr was very polite and cordial the whole time. I also OCed in the Waterville Marden's on the 14th with no issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links