decent 200 lumen flashlight

This is a discussion on decent 200 lumen flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a decent 200 lumen flashlight to carry. Don't have a huge budget but don't want to buy junk. Suggestions?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: decent 200 lumen flashlight

Looking for a decent 200 lumen flashlight to carry. Don't have a huge budget but don't want to buy junk.

Suggestions?

This is a newer model than mine but the same size and powerful. Sits in my pocket all day, every day and it's so small I don't even know it's there til I need it. Foursevens has a great rep and fast, free shipping all the time. Mini ML-X - Foursevens.com

If you look under the "mini" heading you'll see a couple of versions of the mini this ML-X also has a neutral white where this one is the cool white.
    surefire7 likes this.

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Costco has a great set of 3 200 Lumen small metal flashlights for $20. They run on 3 AAA and have a 100L/200L/strobe mode.

They look and feel just like the expensive models for MUCH less.
    kaboomkaboom likes this.

The Surefire E2D LED Defender. 1.9 hours at 200 lumens. This is my new EDC off-duty and back up on duty light. It replaced my E2e.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    This one is 104 lumens and under $30 at a lot of stores like walmart or lowes. 3 setting, high, low, strobe. I have one and it works great and it lights up as much as a lot of flashlights that claim 200 lumens...

Maglite LED XL50 Flashlight XL50-S3016 at The Home Depot
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I have the Maglite XL200 and I really like it. It's not quite 200 lumens, but I picked up mine for 35 bucks on amazon and really, really like it. My Dad got a chance to use it once and that was the last time I saw it. Had to buy myself another one haha

I was going to get a surefire because they look pretty fancy, but was turned off by the way they designed their button and how loud the click was. But you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    Costco has a great set of 3 200 Lumen small metal flashlights for $20. They run on 3 AAA and have a 100L/200L/strobe mode.

They look and feel just like the expensive models for MUCH less.
    I think they feel a bit different in my hand...not as substantive maybe...but they are great,and they do feel good and solid IMHO, and especially for the price...I have bought 5 sets now...I have given 10 or 12 away to people I call Brother...I can afford to keep one by each door and in each vehicle...Really is a good light at a good price....

Check out the company called fenix I have carried this one in my pocket for 3 years now and it is amazing for its size with tons of features http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=59

Just bought 1000 Lumens flashlight on Amazon for about $26. Battery and charger seperate. Flashlight is very bright, has 5 settings including strobe. Happy with it so far.

I just bought my second PD30 (the one shown here) for about $60 bucks.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated!

What are your requirements, beyond lumens? Larger, smaller? Heavier okay, or only ultralight types? Longest possible battery life, or minimum minutes at max output, or irrelevant? What will be your primary uses, at what intensity (ie, jogging for 2hrs with the light on 'high' for the duration; or, sporadic use while camping; or ...)?

Some good suggestions so far, but those are deemed useful for the needs of those who suggested them. We don't yet know your needs, beyond lumens.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Streamlight has the ptl-2,it's 180 lumen and only about 50.00,with strobe and a low setting also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links