Brightest small light ?

Brightest small light ?

This is a discussion on Brightest small light ? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the smallest brightest light that will fit in a shirtpocket ot clip onto one that is under $100.00 ?thanks . sj...

Thread: Brightest small light ?

Brightest small light ?

What is the smallest brightest light that will fit in a shirtpocket ot clip onto one that is under $100.00 ?thanks . sj

Assistant Administrator
    I bought my Surefire E1e LNIB thru a forum member elsewhere two years ago - forget the street price on those.

But - it is small - takes one 123 battery and for me is very adequate. I know it is rated at only 25 lumens IIRC but the optics are such that ''dazzle'' is very effective and the beam is good considering its small size. I bought the LED head to convert it later on.

It certainly suits me for carry - larger lights being handly around home.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The smallest.......brightest........with clip.......under $100..........Hmmmm.........There is currently a modifaction available for the mini maglite that will make it 120 lumens. :D It runs on li-ion batteries (rechargable) and run (IIRC) about 30 minutes.

IMHO that is impractical. I want more runtime. Unfortunately, you sacrifice brightness so you need a happy median between brightness and runtime. But you didn't mention runtime.

Also, there is the Nuwai Q3 on Li-Ions. It is pretty bright on the Li-Ions but can still use regular cr123s if need be. The light, charger, and batteries all together should come in well under $100. On regular CR123s you should get about an hour of bright light plus more runtime of dimminishing light. On rechargables you will bet about 30 minutes of much brighter light.

For a bit more money, you can get a surefire TW4. Its an E1E body with a KL4 head on rechargable Li-Ions. Its just a tad bit bigger than the E1E but its brighter than the surefire U2. Runtime is about 30-40 minutes.

I'll look and see if I can't find more bright, small options for you.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

thanks a lot.I work security at a trucking company and work the 0000 to 0600 shift and have to open up and look in the back of the trailers to see if there is anything in them.I need a light that will light up to 53 feet,but only for like 10 to 20 seconds at a time,maybe 10 to 15 times a night.Right now I am using one of those $20 brinkman wallyworld lights and it works ok,but I am wondering if there are any better ones out there. sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    thanks a lot.I work security at a trucking company and work the 0000 to 0600 shift and have to open up and look in the back of the trailers to see if there is anything in them.I need a light that will light up to 53 feet,but only for like 10 to 20 seconds at a time,maybe 10 to 15 times a night.Right now I am using one of those $20 brinkman wallyworld lights and it works ok,but I am wondering if there are any better ones out there. sj
    Try here: http://www.pumaknives.com/?n=store&b=60. Lotsa cool blazing bright LED lights large and small...

I've been looking at the surefire E2E on their website,It looks like about what I had in mind,but thats a lot of money for a flashlight.I've also been looking at the fennix lights,but I've never heard of them before.There is a big gunshow here in dallas this weekend that I will go to and see what they have.sj

The Brinkman Maxfire got good reviews at www.flashlightreview.com
    Another good one for the purposes you describe is the Dorcy Spyder, but make sure you look at a few and pick the one with the bulb centered. I like mine. Also consider Pentagon Lights. I just picked up a PX1 that uses a single CR123 and shoots 40 lumens for under $45. It has a clip for your belt that works like a cell phone clip. Very quick to deploy. Lots of folks are saying that Pentagons are as good or better than Surefires. SF are good lights though. If you are set on SF, check out their G2 for around $35. No clip but very bright.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I've been looking at the surefire E2E on their website,It looks like about what I had in mind,but thats a lot of money for a flashlight.I've also been looking at the fennix lights,but I've never heard of them before.There is a big gunshow here in dallas this weekend that I will go to and see what they have.sj

I have a couple of fenix lights and they are NICE. Not the most expensive but very reliable and runs on AA batteries for the most part. If you get an L2T then you get really bright light with a lower brightness setting that has a longer runtime.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I just put a Nite-Eyes LED in my AA Mag, am looking for a reason to buy something to "improve" or replace the AAA Mag...that I don't use anyway. If I keep hanging around here, I'm going to wind up with a bigger box full of flashlights than I have of holsters!
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links