What do you keep your carry in next to your bed? - Page 2

What do you keep your carry in next to your bed?

This is a discussion on What do you keep your carry in next to your bed? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my hand, lol. Seriously - since I have a 13 year old grandson living with me I keep it pretty well hidden in a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What do you keep your carry in next to your bed?

GH
    In my hand, lol.

Seriously - since I have a 13 year old grandson living with me I keep it pretty well hidden in a dresser drawer next to the bed. Where my grandson is very responsible & knows handgun safety it's his friends that I worry about more than anything. They're never allowed in our bedroom. My grandson goes to his room before I go to bed & gets up in the morning after I do I don't think he knows it's there. I don't think my wife knows it's there. I'm typically the last to bed & the first to get up. I take it off while undressing for bed & put it, holstered, in the drawer & in the morning it goes back on me when I get dressed for the day.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    V-Line Top Draw, there's no way in the world you could get me to use a Gunvault for ANYTHING that my life may depend on.

http://www.vlineind.com/html/top_draw.html

Quote Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
    This is the same idea I was thinking too. I can't rely on chances of gizmos and gadgets failing in crazy scenarios(saying this as a gadget whore IT).
    I like gadgets too, but not on my handgun safe. Condsider the ones that use a mechanical push-button lock. This is mine.

Fort Knox, V-Line and a couple others use this type of lock too.

Quote Originally Posted by azretired View Post
    Nothing. But I have no kids around anymore.
    Same for me but I've never had kids
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    Resides in a STICKY HOLSTER when next to my bed (and under a cloth cover so nobody can notice it before I am awake). Resides in the same Sticky Holster when IWB.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Yup. I don't worry about my kid, but I do about his idiot friends that he has over.

This is in my night stand:
    Attached Images

I keep my Glock 30 in a Blackhawk CQC paddle holster that fits over the frame on the side of my bed. (BLACKHAWK! SERPA CQC w/Matte Finish - BLACKHAWK!)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Currently keeping mine in the night stand between the wall and my bed. Thinking about finding a way to attatch a holster to the underside of the bed so I can just reach under and grab it real quickly without it being on the floor.

V-Lines here too, I’ve got 3 of them all set to the same combination:

Nightstand Top Drawer:

Under bed, Long Gun:

And a “Hide-Away” for my CCW:

V-Line Industries Security Cases and Cabinets

No batteries, simplex lock, easy to change combinations. I’ve had my first for a little over 10 years. Not worried about having them stolen, worried about coming home and facing one of my own guns!

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

ruger lc9 an sig p250 both 9mm

I installed one of those gun magnets on the side of the bed
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    www.sportlockllc.com - ElectronicSafe00063

I have kids so I use the above. My CCW instructor made the point that biometric safes can be used against you - BG clocks you and then drags you over to your safe and swipes with your hand.

The safe above is easy enough to open with a code I set and the key is accessible but tucked away a few feet from the unit.

I too have Kid to contend with, I have something like this on but has a handprint formed into so you dont have to guess where the buttons are in the dark.

Kids are grown and gone, the puppy can't reach it so I lay it on a mouse pad to keep any chance of oil off the night stand. Out in the open, not "in" anything.
    tricolordad likes this.

Nothing & I have kids but I'll explain because it's not as irresponsible as it sounds. Currently our mattress & box springs sits on the floor & a loaded magazine is under the boxsprings between slats on the side that I sleep on. The pistol sits on the floor in between the bed & wall (about 4 inches of space) with no magazine in it & the safety engaged. Every morning when I get up for work (5:15 a.m.), I take the pistol & engage the taurus security system which locks the slide assembly, & put it in my blackhawk cqc level 2 retention holster. Only myself & my wife have a key to the TSS (Taurus Security System) & we keep them with us all the time during the day. At night I repeat the process. All ammo is put out of reach & the children do not know where the pistol is at night. During the day I could care less if they know where it is because a.) they have been warned that if I ever see them touching it they won't sit down for a week, b.) they have shown absolutely no interest in it, c.) they couldn't do anything with it anyway without the TSS key, d.) they don't know about the TSS & thus would have no clue how to disengage it, & e.) They have had some training in firearms safety & undertand it pretty good.

I realize there is still a possibility that something could happen but I believe it is negligble at best knowing my kids & the safeties I take.

I keep my shotgun and handgun in my safe. I take my shotgun and put it next the nightstand. I take my pistol and use the Blackhawk bed holster for it. I do use my EDC gun but not all the time.

http://m.opticsplanet.com/blackhawk-...e-holster.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links