OpticPlanet.com has no customer service!

This is a discussion on OpticPlanet.com has no customer service! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone else have a negative experience with OpticPlanet.com? I tried to purchase two EOTech sights, one for my CX4 Storm (EXPS2-0) and one for my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OpticPlanet.com has no customer service!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

OpticPlanet.com has no customer service!

Anyone else have a negative experience with OpticPlanet.com? I tried to purchase two EOTech sights, one for my CX4 Storm (EXPS2-0) and one for my LWRC M6-A3 (HHS-1); first the day after I ordered them was an email about export questions. I'm ok with that but why didn't they ask when I ordered the two sights, over the phone? Next day the order is again on hold because they wanted to manually verify my "Corporate" credit card. Charge the card between $1.00 and $5.00 then I call and tell them the amount! So I called and canceled the order!! Another caevat is the HHS-1 was backorder until Oct 2012!

Now the good that came out of this is I found Riflescopes Weby Corp: Riflescopes, Binoculars, Laser Rangefinders, Laser Sights, Spotting Scopes, Night Vision Goggles, Flashlights, Dog Training Collars, Rifle Scope Rings Mounting Accessories - Hunting, Outdoor, Sporting, Tactical, Law Enforcement & Military Gear & Equi

Got both for $200.00 less than OpticPlanet.com and the EXPS2-0 has shipped less than 4 hour after my order! Also my shipping was free! Need less to say, sometimes you can make lemonade out of lemons!
    Last edited by onacoma; August 16th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

I've had nothing but good experiences (several) with Optics Planet, including delivering a backordered item a lot sooner than originally promised (granted, that was a function of their supplier).

As far as verifying your charge account goes, I think they're being ultra-cautious to avoid them and you both being defrauded. Unusual, perhaps, but not outrageous.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

My expierence was poor. I had to deal with the manufacture vs them. Awkward.

I have dealt with them twice. Once I received the item. The 2nd time I went through Amazon to leverage the $50 credit for opening a new credit card. The item I order was a standard off the shelf item from a major manufacturer. I waited several months and never received the item. Eventually Amazon simply cancelled the order and apologized. I will NEVER deal with them again.

I just ordered some CT grips from OpticsPlanet.com (not OpticPlant.com not sure who they are...). The first set was defective. I sent them back and they sent replacements straight away. No fuss no muss.

I have bought holsters from them on two different occasions. Quickly shipped and no problems.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Distinguished Member
    Only problem I've had with them was their website showing an item as "in stock", but the order confirmation showing an 8-week backorder. Guess which one was right...

I've ordered probably 5 or six things (including my beloved 5.11 Covert 18 backpack) from them and never had a issue.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Good to know - I was thinking about ordering a holster from them. They have some good deals - but service is important.

Same deal here, I didn't find out it was back-ordered until I got a vague
    email stating " Estimated to ship within 5-15 days". We will see how it plays out.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I went through the same credit card hoops. What a crock of crap. I was told it was for "my own protection." News flash - I have fraud protection, a long-term relationship with my credit union and wasn't worried in the least. Nonetheless, I played the game and the order was processed. What I got isn't what I wanted and customer service jumped through hoops to make sure I was happy. It was a good end to what started as an iffy relationship. Glad the OP found what he wanted - for less $$ too!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Sponsor
    I had a rough ride getting some odd size scope rings from them. First set was on back order. I cancelled that order and reordered a different brand of better quality at a higher price on their(opticsplanet) recommendation. They arrived quickly but were for a Pic. rail and I needed Weaver(the OP CS Rep knew I specifically needed weaver mounts). They offered a pretty good discount on a new Pic. rail for my rifle. The whole thing wound up costing 3x what the original order would have been but I got much higher quality gear after it was all said and done. I'd order from them again if they had what I needed when I need it.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I can't remember the exact problem I had, but it was miserable enough that I've vowed to never to business with them again, ever. Usually I'll forgive a business, but they were so hideous in their service that I've sworn off them totally. I know many probably have good experiences with them, but mine was bad. Apparently I'm not alone.
    Foo909 likes this.

i've ordered 2 holsters from them in the past year - for 2 different handguns. both shipped promptly and arrived within a week. i did have to call their CS on the last one to get an email discount. the rep handled it promply and i got the proper discount.

the company has been good to me - so far anyway.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    They seem to not update their website. Optics planet is not a good website if you want stuff in a hurry. I have ordered a few holsters from them and in some cases it took months to get. I woudn't say its pour CS. I definitly would say its poor advertising. If you need something RIGHT now don't order from them. If you are not in any hurry then they are one of the cheapest prices in town. They may also not have it instock until they get so many orders, only then they will order it from the company and then ship it to you. So there could be some lag time.

It also seems that if your ordering common stuff such as Right handed Holster for GLOCK, they will have it in stock. Stuff that maybe not as popular does take a while.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links