STUPID: What to remember when ordering a gun belt

This is a discussion on STUPID: What to remember when ordering a gun belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank God the guy I am ordering from has a 4 week backlog on orders... I'm new to concealed carry (or any carry for that ...

Thread: STUPID: What to remember when ordering a gun belt

Cool STUPID: What to remember when ordering a gun belt

Thank God the guy I am ordering from has a 4 week backlog on orders...

I'm new to concealed carry (or any carry for that matter) and took great care in measuring for my new gunbelt with all my different jeans on. Forgot only one thing - to wear my IWB holster when measuring!!! I know, totally "duh" and I still have the handprint on my forhead from when I smacked myself!
    Got my IWB mag holster today and then it occured to me that I should have measured my belt size with my mag holster in place . Next it occured to me that I probably should have measured it with my gun in place . Oh well, all those things to think about... Who is to remember all that? Glad it wasn't my turn yet at the beltmaker's shop .
    Sig P250 .45 Subcompact
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose,
    is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. ~ L. Neil Smith

2. Remove Ads

My wife and I have a saying that might apply. As you grow old you must, absolutely must, keep your sense of humor. I was going to "Roundup" some weeds with a pump sprayer. I did a number on them and as I was putting the sprayer away, I noticed that the Roundup concentrate measuring cup was dry. My weeds appreciated the water here in the high desert. I started over ... duh! You will ejoy a good gun belt if it is the right size. :-)
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

The sight I bought from had it in big bold letters, only reason I even considered it. Thank goodness for those nice people looking out for the rest of us fools!

Hopefully you got a good laugh out of it and were able to correct it. May not have been so funny $75+ later! Also a hood gun belt is one of the best investments I ever made. You will greatly appreciate it.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

And one more reminder, if your regular belt is and 1/8 of and inch thick, and your new belt is 1/4 of an inch thick it has the same effect as adding 1/8 inch of fat all the way around you, so the belt will have to be at least another inch longer to take care of the added thickness.

VIP Member
    I just order my gunbelts six inches longer than my actual waist size. That length does not leave an excessive amount of leftover with one iwb carry, and is big enough to go with two.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I just order my gunbelts six inches longer than my actual waist size. That length does not leave an excessive amount of leftover with one iwb carry, and is big enough to go with two.
    Do you buy your pants 6 inches big too?

VIP Member
    No. One or two inches larger on the waist for single carry, three for mirror carry, with an inch less on the inseam.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Very interesting! Thank you for the heads up.

And I'm glad I am not the only who has those "duh" moments .
    Sig P250 .45 Subcompact
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose,
    is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. ~ L. Neil Smith

Where i get my belts, he tells you exactly how to measure with the belt you wear normally, he does his on 3/4 inch center holes, not 1 inch like most, so i measured like he told me to do, to the normal hole i wear everyday, and the holster works great IWB or OWB ....... btw..... UBGHOLSTERS.com./////
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Links