Surefire E2D LED

This is a discussion on Surefire E2D LED within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For many years I've carried a Surefire E2e as my off-duty/back up when I'm on-duty light. It had served me well. But so many brighter ...

Thread: Surefire E2D LED

Surefire E2D LED

For many years I've carried a Surefire E2e as my off-duty/back up when I'm on-duty light. It had served me well. But so many brighter LED lights had come out since then. I was at the hunting expo in PA this past Feb and picked up an Olight T20. It was a brilliantly bright little light. Very small and comfortable to carry. The only problem was, that I liked to carry bezel up in my rear support side pocketand the T20 is bezel down. No big deal. I made the adjustment.

Fast forward several months and I picked up a Surefire E2D LED. Again, a very bright little light. I started carrying it in my rear support side pocket, bezel up (the way I prefer). Then I noticed that I poked a little hole in the D/S of my car from the crenelated bezel. >:( So I moved it to my front support side pocket. But now I can't access my shield and ID (LEO) quickly if I need to because of the crenelated bezel jabbing me in the hand.

Shame on me for not considering this before my purchase. But I moved the Surefire to a front pocket of my ballistic vest and it will remain an on-duty back up light only. I went back to my Olight as strictly an off-duty light. Not a huge deal, just something that I hadn't considered becoming a problem.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Links