Match bag

This is a discussion on Match bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I go to the range, I have a range bag that pretty much has everything I normally need for a fun and exciting day ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rocky

Thread: Match bag

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Match bag

When I go to the range, I have a range bag that pretty much has everything I normally need for a fun and exciting day of shooting. Normal stuff like magazines, eye/ear protection, targets, stapler, etc, etc, etc.

During my IDPA match, I was lugging this thing around from stage to stage and I quickly realized that the only thing I really need at each stage is ammunition and water. Maybe and extra magazine or two in case one breaks.

Is there anything else I am forgetting?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Some gun oil. Other than that, not much. I have a really nice bag that fits a ton of stuff which is nice for DAYS on the range, not so great for a match. I've actually started using an old tool bag for mags, oil, and ammo.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Some gun oil. Other than that, not much. I have a really nice bag that fits a ton of stuff which is nice for DAYS on the range, not so great for a match. I've actually started using an old tool bag for mags, oil, and ammo.
    I saw some people using Craftman tool bags for their gear. Small and carried all they need.

But, uh, er, I shoot a Glock. I don't really need oil, nor extra parts as it NEVER breaks and just doesn't malfunction like those M&Ps do.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I saw some people using Craftman tool bags for their gear. Small and carried all they need.

But, uh, er, I shoot a Glock. I don't really need oil, nor extra parts as it NEVER breaks and just doesn't malfunction like those M&Ps do.
    keep thinking that. However anything mechanical can and will break.
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links