Pocket Holster Questions

Pocket Holster Questions

This is a discussion on Pocket Holster Questions within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question first, details below! Will something like a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster start to 'break in' and start conforming to my leg and pocket, or ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rammerjammer
  • 1 Post By Rockymonster

Thread: Pocket Holster Questions

Pocket Holster Questions

Question first, details below! Will something like a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster start to 'break in' and start conforming to my leg and pocket, or will that type of rubbery material have a strong tendency to retain its shape? Would leather conform to the shape of my leg and pocket better over time? Also, any other brands you recommend I check out before making the purchase? This thread pertains to carrying a Kahr CM9.

I'm in the market for a pocket holster for the CM9 I'm getting this Friday. The pocket holster will mainly be used when I'm at work, which requires business casual to business attire (shirt tucked in). My greatest concern is concealability. I want to avoid people asking/wondering what's in my pocket, especially clients I see a lot who may not agree with civilians carrying concealed weapons. I'll be hunting for an IWB holster soon as well, for when I'm not working and can dress however I want.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carpenj View Post
    Question first, details below! Will something like a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster start to 'break in' and start conforming to my leg and pocket, or will that type of rubbery material have a strong tendency to retain its shape? Would leather conform to the shape of my leg and pocket better over time? Also, any other brands you recommend I check out before making the purchase? This thread pertains to carrying a Kahr CM9.

I'm in the market for a pocket holster for the CM9 I'm getting this Friday. The pocket holster will mainly be used when I'm at work, which requires business casual to business attire (shirt tucked in). My greatest concern is concealability. I want to avoid people asking/wondering what's in my pocket, especially clients I see a lot who may not agree with civilians carrying concealed weapons. I'll be hunting for an IWB holster soon as well, for when I'm not working and can dress however I want.

Thanks!
    I actually use this holster for my snub. It's my preferred way to carry.

ccw1.jpg

ccw2.jpg

ccw3.jpg

ccw4.jpg

ccw5.jpg

This is how I carry when I really don't want anyone to notice. So far, no one has. I can wrestle with the kids and all kinds of activity, no problem with retention or printing at all.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I bet a lot of people think you're happy to see them.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Welcome to the forum! I use Remora holsters for all my pocket carry.

carpenj, I dress the same as you do for work. I carry a Kimber Solo (about the size of your CM9) in a Desantis Super Fly pocket holster, and it conceals well. It is basically a Nemesis with a removable anti-print panel attached with velcro. The anti-print panel really helps, in my opinion; the holster looks like a wallet in my front pocket. It has conformed to my leg/pocket over time, making it more comfortable and less noticeable.

Assuming you are new to CCW, it will probably become less obvious that you are carrying as you get more comfortable going about your business as an armed citizen.

Thanks for all the replies! Another question- with a gun, keys, and phone to keep in your two front pockets, what goes where?

Thanks for all the replies! Another question- with a gun, keys, and phone to keep in your two front pockets, what goes where?
    You just have to learn to adjust the contents of your other pockets so that your EDC is alone in a pocket.
    Old School likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Nothing....absolutely NOTHING in the gun pocket other than your gun and pocket holster....EVER!
    The rest of your gear needs to be stashed elsewhere: remaining pants pockets, shirt, neck lanyard, belt, etc. you'll figure out what works for you. There will be a bit of a learning curve if you are used to carrying your keys in your gun pocket for example. But for safety reasons, keep that pocket empty except for your gun.

I have both a Remora and a Nemisis. Both will eventually conform to you.
    Vavoomskill likes this.
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Cool

Below is the High Noon Holster web site.

I use their holsters for IWB and pocket carry.

High Noon Holsters

I carry a Diamondback .380 in the Pocket Grabber and most of my other EDC's in the Public Secret holsters.

Quality products at resonable prices.

photo.jpg DB.380 with High Noon Mr. Softy IWB and Pocket Grabber
    click image to enlarge....

photo.jpgphoto.jpg DB.380 in Pocket Grabber (sorry about the double photo post)

Image 3.jpgImage 4.jpgphoto.jpg Glock 23 in Public Secret

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

www.hiddenholsters.net - pocket holsters available with anti print panel, and you can ask for a thumb push-off. The push off is very important for leather pocket holsters, IMHO - makes sure the pistol clears the holster, and the holster stays in the pocket.

As far as where to place stuff - I am in a very similar situation, and pocket two guns daily (G26/LCR, LCR/LCP or LCP/LCP). Keys go on a carabiner; wallet in a rear pocket (BigSkinny makes thin wallets); cell phone in a belt holster; small flashlight clipped to the flap of the cell phone holster; folding knife in other rear pocket.

If in casual clothes (cargo pants) I'll add some spare mags/speed loaders and a first aid dressing in the cargo pockets.

Hope this helps!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I carry a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 in a Mika holster. Just started carrying a LC9 also in a Mika. Like other posts have mentioned, with time your awareness of the holstered gun in pocket will lessen. The LC9 is definitely bigger in the pocket, but even when seated it looks more like a wallet or encased smart phone. For me I pocket carry in the front right pocket, put keys and such in the front left, wallet in back right, and smart phone in back left. Some folks have recommended using a latching key ring to carry on a belt loop, haven't tried it yet be plan on it. Finally, I love the Mika holsters, they are not fancy or pretty, but I now have three of them and would not dream of anything else. Be safe.
    Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

Sponsored Links