Laser bore sighter

Laser bore sighter

This is a discussion on Laser bore sighter within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever used a laser bore sighter such as Sightmark Laser Pistol Boresighter: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors I have several new 9mm Glocks that ...

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Laser bore sighter

Has anyone ever used a laser bore sighter such as

Sightmark Laser Pistol Boresighter: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

I have several new 9mm Glocks that I want to put different sights on and was wondering if these help with the sighting in process.

As a side note, I must say, the standard stock sights are dead on accurate out of the box.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

These work excellent. I have used them mostly on rifles. I wait til its almost dark. Back up about 100 yds from the barn with the rifle in a rest and adjust the crosshairs. When you zero at 200 yds, you only have to make extremely small adjustments. The battery life is short though. Also the glock chambers arent the tightest, but for a pistol at 25 yds it will probably work great.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I use a Sightmark unit to sight in my AR. Gets it pretty close then finish at the range.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have two types, the one that goes in the front of the barrel, and with plastic inserts, fits any caliber handgun / rifle, and the kind that are shaped like cartridges, that go in the bore. Both did a great job of "getting me on paper" so that I could finish the dial-in at the range, as others have stated here.

I use a bore sight to sight in the laser on our home defense rifle. Put the bore sight unit in and turn on the rifle mounted laser.
    Adjust the rifle mount laser till you've only got one red dot on the wall instead of two.

Bingo, good to go without a range trip.

Not sure if it'd be good for anything past home defense distance, but that's all we have that rifle for.

Links