Are range bags out of season?

This is a discussion on Are range bags out of season? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Until last Feb., I was using a gym bag for a range bag. It worked fine too and has lots of compartments for other things. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Are range bags out of season?

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Until last Feb., I was using a gym bag for a range bag. It worked fine too and has lots of compartments for other things. Now, I use a range bag from Blackhawk.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Yup, all set to buy this. Price is $30 but they wanted another $15 for shipping UPS....$25 if shipped via post office. They just lost a sale. That is unless the bag is chock full of 9mm ammo.
    Midways shipping is OUTRAGEOUS. It honestly pisses me off. I refuse to do business with them.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Midways shipping is OUTRAGEOUS. It honestly pisses me off. I refuse to do business with them.
    You have to be buying a quantity of stuff to make it worth while. I never buy one item from them. has to be at least $100 before it seems reasonable.

It is odd. One magazine will cost $10 to ship. Any entire reloading setup in two giant boxes will cost $12.

As far as the bags go I am mixed on midway. I have the larger of their range bags. It began to slowly fall apart after 4-6 months. Have lost one of the zipper tabs. The velcro handle is coming off. Stitching in a few other spots coming out. I do not baby the product nor do I abuse it. For the money spent I would not have expected this. With all the ammo in it I would have expects the straps to fall off. Not the opening flap to fall apart.

Once mine is dead I will try one of their compact versions. May force me to put less in it.

I know a lot of folks here are against Wally World, but this is what I use:

Winchester Deluxe Shooters Bag: Hunting : Walmart.com

I've had it for about 3 years. Still looks like new. I did add a few padded inserts to create compartments (mostly due to my OCD). But it works really well, easy to find, and nearly always in stock. In fact, after my father saw it, he went out and bought one himself.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I've moved away from soft cases because I started to worry about all the lead/powder/primer I was brining home to the wife/kids. Now I carry hard cases that can be wiped down occasionally, especially after trips to indoor ranges.

Been pretty happy with a bargain priced clamshell top aluminium tool case from Harbor Freight (item 36871).

I've always just used a tool bag or old book bag from college. I really need to invest in some hard cases for the rifles.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    First they come for your range bags, then they come for your cleaning supplies, then they come for your targets, then they come for...

Stock up now on all--THE END IS NEAR!

If one can afford it, a Pelican case is tough to beat (Yeah, there's a pun in there).
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Whenever ordering from Midway or any other internet business I have mulitple items to order to help defray the shipping costs. Of course if you only want to order one item that doesn't help much.

I live in a small town, so i order online most everything I need

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    I know a lot of folks here are against Wally World, but this is what I use:

Winchester Deluxe Shooters Bag: Hunting : Walmart.com

I've had it for about 3 years. Still looks like new. I did add a few padded inserts to create compartments (mostly due to my OCD). But it works really well, easy to find, and nearly always in stock. In fact, after my father saw it, he went out and bought one himself.
    You have to be at least 18 to order that bag... it must be good!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Best range bag I own (that would be-several) is a hard-bottomed, wide-mouthed Stanley tool bag I bought on sale at Lowes. (*But, now that I think about it, that description also matches a girl I dated in college. I just don't think her name was Stanley, but if memory serves, she WAS on sale. )
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You have to be at least 18 to order that bag... it must be good!
    Hahahhaha! That's hilarious, I didn't even notice that. Maybe its made of hemp and the teenagers have figured out a way to smoke it.
    Brad426 likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Yep Midway has 2 awesome range bags with their brand on them.

edit: this is the one I have. Don 't let the name "compact" fool you. It holds plenty of stuff. Easily 2 pistols, several hundred rounds, has 7 or 8 mag loops, end pockets, pockets here and there!
    MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag
    +1.

I love mine, wouldn't sell it back for a profit!

If you have a backpack, youre good to go. Just improvise.
    10thmtn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    If you have a backpack, youre good to go. Just improvise.
    I agree with this. I can think of many ways how this would work out. Could have saved me $20!
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links