Question about Cannon safe mentioned on this thread

This is a discussion on Question about Cannon safe mentioned on this thread within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My friend\'s reception was @ his Gramdma\'s farm a few miles East of the Hamptons. I thought that it was incredible to be on an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Cannon safe mentioned on this thread

My friend\'s reception was @ his Gramdma\'s farm a few miles East of the Hamptons. I thought that it was incredible to be on an old farm that close to NYC. Even more incredible was the pink Cadillac hearse that exited the barn and the Elvis impersonator that came out of the coffin to do a 1 hr gig complete with backup singers.....courtesy of the father of the groom who is a retired Suffolk Cty PO and former pres of the local PBA.

On the way from the wedding to the reception I passed several produce stands with tomatoes on the tables that were the size of cantaloupes...I swear!

Interesting neck of the woods that you live in! In your quest for a southern tax/gun friendly state I would suggest AZ/TX/FL.

2. Remove Ads

Originally posted by Moondoggie
    My friend\'s reception was @ his Gramdma\'s farm a few miles East of the Hamptons. I thought that it was incredible to be on an old farm that close to NYC. Even more incredible was the pink Cadillac hearse that exited the barn and the Elvis impersonator that came out of the coffin to do a 1 hr gig complete with backup singers.....courtesy of the father of the groom who is a retired Suffolk Cty PO and former pres of the local PBA.

On the way from the wedding to the reception I passed several produce stands with tomatoes on the tables that were the size of cantaloupes...I swear!

Interesting neck of the woods that you live in! In your quest for a southern tax/gun friendly state I would suggest AZ/TX/FL.
    I am a retired Suffolk County Cop. I addition to collecting and shooting guns I also enjoy Corvettes and old cars. AZ was one of the places at the top of my list till I did some checking and found out they have a personal property / wheel tax on cars. I own a 1962 and 1996 Corvette plus a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, plus I hope to buy a nice used class A diesel motor home. The annual wheel tax would drive me broke there. That is why I am leaning toward Texas or Tennessee ( as far as I know there is no wheel tax). Pensacola Fla. seems like a nice place without a wheel tax. But owning a 1962 Corvette (it is pretty rare because it is a numbers matching car with fuel injection and power windows) has been a lifetime dream of mine and after seeing the damage from last years storms I am afraid to move there. If I lost it and got a lot of money from the insurance replacing it wound be almost impossible. The 1996 Vette probably isn’t all that special but it is pretty special to me because I bought it new with all the options and with museum delivery. It is a silver collector edition and the last of that body style. Basically I am looking for a warm place with a lot of property and low taxes (no wheel tax). I want to get away from over crowded neighborhoods and traffic jams. Property tax on my house is a bit over $4,500 per year and sales tax is 8.75% anything less would be better, and from what I have heard most places are less.

Thought I would bump this up since we have questions about safes again.

Administrator
    Moderator Betty should be back on CombatCarry in a day or two and she may be able to answer some specific questions concerning this thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    My safe is from Zanotti Armor since I knew that I was going to have to move it a few times.
    It's interlocking modular & very well constructed - one person can move it...one section at a time.
    It works for me.

Zanotti Armor Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    My safe is from Zanotti Armor since I knew that I was going to have to move it a few times.
    It's interlocking modular & very well constructed - one person can move it...one section at a time.
    It works for me.

Zanotti Armor Click Here.
    I'm liking these safes? Is it only available for purchase through the company? Which one did you purchase and how much did it cost. Thanks.
    Last edited by jowgafist; November 24th, 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Administrator
    Actually the one I bought was from the company that was taken over by Zanotti.

The ones they are selling now are way nicer than the one I bought.

Call them up on the phone. I'm sure they would answer all your questions.

I bought mine about 20 years ago.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Since this thread has been bumped to the top I think that the incorrect reading of the Granite warranty should be corrected.
    According to Granite the replacement safe shipping cost will be billed to the owner. Shipping a safe like that has to be very expensive so their “FREE” replacement will cost the owner hundreds of dollars.
    The warranty includes shipping each way. I believe the wording could be corrected to make this more obvious. The Granite warranty says:
    Granite may, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective or damaged safe. If the safe is defective or damaged to the extent that it can not be opened through normal means; Granite will have the safe opened by a skilled technician at Granite’s expense and pay to have the safe returned to the factory, and return freight to the owner. This warranty does not cover labor cost to remove or install the safe.
    My understanding of this part of the warranty: "If the safe is defective or damaged to the extent that it can not be opened through normal means; Granite will have the safe opened by a skilled technician at Granite’s expense and pay to have the safe returned to the factory, and return freight to the owner." is that Granite will have a technician open the safe at their own expense and will pay to have the safe returned to the factory and pay return freight to the owner. As I said the sentence is not worded well, but if you take time to read it carefully it does make sense.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links