Streamlight 88032 ProTac 1AA LED Flashlight

This is a discussion on Streamlight 88032 ProTac 1AA LED Flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one of theses. Whats your take for a EDC...

Thread: Streamlight 88032 ProTac 1AA LED Flashlight

Streamlight 88032 ProTac 1AA LED Flashlight

Anyone have one of theses. Whats your take for a EDC
    Attached Images
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

No opinions?
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

I have the 2AA version. I find find the control button works well, it's very easy to get the hang of switching it on in strobe or low mode. Throws a good beam. I find the 2AA a bit long for pocket carry, might add that 1AA version to my wishlist.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I have the 2AA version as well. sdprof said it well.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

This model is my EDC light. I really do like mine, plenty of light for everyday (or actually every night) occasions yet still small and light. I have both, 1AA and 2AA also. the 2AA is my house flashlight for when I go outdoors at night.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I carry the Streamlight ProTac 1L Professional Tactical which uses the CR123A lithium battery. I work third shift, and have carried a LOT of different lights over the years, and this one is far and away the best I have ever carried. When I first got it I thought I should have maybe gotten the two battery version, and maybe I should have. The one I have can be a bit short in the hand some times. In actual use thou, I would probably buy the same one again. The batteries generally last a month and a half in my use.

Amazon.com: Streamlight ProTac 1L Professional Tactical: Home Improvement

Battery life is exceptional. I use mine every day to look at serial numbers and to light up electrical panels. I find that the high beam is actually too bright for most of my uses, but also very useful for tactical use.

I have only had one issue, and that was when I dropped if from shoulder height onto concrete. It would only turn on very dim after that and I thought it was toast. It turns out it was the CR123A battery that was damaged (and it was only a few days old) not the light.

I have no experience with the AA battery version.
    NRA Life Member

Links