Very Portable Gun Safe

This is a discussion on Very Portable Gun Safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the GV nano vault in my car and love it out of sight out of mind....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Very Portable Gun Safe

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I have the GV nano vault in my car and love it out of sight out of mind.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

I use the Center of Mass Safe, too. What makes it perfect is that I can actually hide the safe in a place you wouldn't find...works for short periods for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just a word of caution for everyone here about these boxes, most can be opened without too much work!! I have one that looks just like the Center of Mass long hinge box that popped open with a screwdrvier and very little effort. I had the cable around a post in the closet up north when the combination lock stopped working and I couldn't get it open. With the combination lock not working and I was trying to lift one of the corners just enough to get the cable out so I could bring the box home to open it. Just as I was about to slide the cable, out the box poped open!! The weak spot was the "bolt" that the latch is on!! It just snapped and the box opened. It is a nice strong box but the locking mechanism seems cheap. I don't remember the brand but I got it from cabelas about 3 months ago.

I think these make a great little storage box and I will be getting something similar in the future but I just wanted everyone to remember that most of these are just a lockable box and not a safe.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    Best bang for your buck hands down. I've got one for each vehicle

In Car Gun Lockers
    Yep! I have one for each vehicle. I also have one in the bedroom to keep my nightstand gun in when our Grandson is over. Also gave 1 to my son for his vehicle for when he can't carry where he is at.

Thumbs up

Buy something better if you have the room in your vehicle. I know there's not a lot of options when space is limited. Found this online the other day. I always thought to just cut the cable with a pair of dykes, but he said the screwdriver was probably quicker.

GV200 Failed Latch with Screwdriver.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links